filmscholar

BAD BOYS FOR LIF3 | Jan 17 2020 | IT'S OFFICIAL: #1 DOMESTIC 2020

34 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Don't have to see the first two to enjoy it?

Definitely not. It has got everything they had - but better. I even feel I've watched them already - just by seeing the new one.

21 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Bad Boys and Bad Boys II are not "old movies." 

Oh, but they are: 1995 and 2003. Bet they look like shit by today's standards. And especially right after I've seen the new one on IMAX screen, baby.

Most movies before 2005 look bad. 2005 is when cinema won me back again - before that I had stopped watching movies for 10 years straight. After 2005 - never missed a single movie, lol. Hmm, maybe it's also because I got rich in 2005 - before that, I was starving.

Edited by shayhiri

16 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Definitely not. It has got everything they had - but better. I even feel I've watched them already - just by seeing the new one.

Oh, but they are: 1995 and 2003. Bet they look like shit by today's standards. And especially right after I've seen the new one on IMAX screen, baby.

Most movies before 2005 look bad. 2005 is when cinema won me back again - before that I had stopped watching movies for 10 years straight. After 2005 - never missed a single movie, lol. Hmm, maybe it's also because I got rich in 2005 - before that, I was starving.

I was 6 years old when I say Bad Boys 2 in the theater, it just occurred to to me

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vafrow said:

Reading up on the directors on this movie has me a little intrigued. Belgium born, Muslim Moroccan background pairing that have had some indie success, but that seem like they really wanted to play around in a big budget action movie like this. If they can deliver a hit from this, when so many other franchises being dug up from the same era are flopping, they should have some interesting opportunities ahead of them. 

Being with Sony on this one, I wonder if they're the next to get slotted into Uncharted. 

Yeah, this is kind of my thought too. This movie is a perfect example of when people go "Ugh, they're making ANOTHER one of those? Whyyyy?". If the directors pull this off - which it looks like they DID - then clearly they have a great touch and should go places after this.

5 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

Culture has changed.  I doubt Bad Boys II would receive 28% on RT or whatever if it came out in 2020.  It would be judged more like a Fast film with cool action,  funny scenes and not taking itself too seriously.  

It's probably be in the 70s just like this one.

Dead titties, dead fat people being ran over whilst Will Smith quotes "that shit is nasty", gay innuendos, dead titties, 15 year old Megan Fox being a stripper cameo, racist banter and did i mention dead titties. 

If this film was released today, critics would have a meltdown

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ninenin said:

Dead titties, dead fat people being ran over whilst Will Smith quotes "that shit is nasty", gay innuendos, dead titties, 15 year old Megan Fox being a stripper cameo, racist banter and did i mention dead titties. 

#Progress

9 hours ago, Ninenin said:

You just sold me here. I'll make an exception and see this old movie.

The Shay likes everything that the lib critics shit on.

• Haha 1

Saw it earlier tonight. Thought it was really good. Was pleasantly surprised by how well the more serious/emotional moments worked. 

Smith and Lawrence were just as good as ever and the younger cast worked well also. 

The action wasn’t as big as in the 2nd movie. Felt more in line with the first movie which was fine. It worked. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ninenin said:

I don't see the issue? 

I LOVED IT!!!!!!!   The Story, The Twist, Everything.   It was the perfect closer for the Trilogy.  The Crowd was loving it.  I'm going again tonight.   Amazing Job to those two young Directors.   I know Michael Bay is proud.   It was so good seeing Martin again he was stealing the show left and right.   But I can't believe how good the story was.  This really worked, I want more please don't let this be the last one.  

• Like 1

Bad Boys II is such a delight of a movie.

It s more anti-system than any indie movie of the last 30 years.

And people thought having a grotesque smile drawn by a lipistick makes you edgy and deranged and damaged.

Bad Boys II is the work of a genuine tortured soul.

Edited by The Futurist