filmscholar

BAD BOYS FOR LIF3 | Jan 17 2020 | IT'S OFFICIAL: #1 DOMESTIC 2020

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 5:24 PM, tonytr87 said:

Bad Boys and Bad Boys II are not "old movies." 

Define old then.

Bad Boys - 1995

Bad Boys 2 - 2003

Given that an entire generation has been born where no one has seen a BB film in the theater, define old for me, please.

• Haha 1

As someone who mildly enjoyed the first two films, I had a great time with this one. Turns out that the best way to revitalize a popular franchise starring Will Smith is:

a) Get Will Smith back

b) Have a soul

The action never surpasses the insanity of the second film but I felt like almost every other area of this movie saw an improvement - tone (more heartfelt), humor, music (Mark Mancina's theme being brought back made me so happy), secondary characters (especially the villains) and the overall story. It gave me a similar feeling to the one I had after <em>Fast Five</em>, where I went from being ambivalent about the franchise to eager for a follow-up.

8 hours ago, Curtis1986 said:

I am not sure if this is a spoiler or not so don't read below if you haven't seen the movie.

Spoiler

Did Michael Bay make a cameo at the wedding scene or was it somebody else.

Just a heads up for future reference, there's a little eye icon next to the bold/underline stuff when you make a post. Click on that and it will put what you type in a spoiler tag so that people can choose whether or not to see it. :)

97% RT Audience Score, A Cinema Score, Huge MLK Weekend Opening.   I started this thread 8 years ago and a majority of my points of this Franchise came to fruition.   The fact that "Bad Boys" and "Bad Boys II" have been on home video for the last 20 plus years was huge boost to the anticipation for BB3.   I even said this franchise was critic proof and it is but the Critics actually ended up liking the 3rd film most.   This movie was highly anticipated and audiences are responding.   It has a chance to open as high or better than both "Wick 3" and "Hobbs and Shaw" but they both opened Summer and this is opening during January.   Anyways the movie was everything I hoped it could be and more.   Bring on "Bad Boys 4"  but let's not wait 17 years again this time guys, lol.  Great Job Will, Martin, Jerry and both new Young Directors Adil & Bilall.   Congrats to Sony on an amazing Franchise that spans 25 years.   Thank You Michael Bay for starting this ride.  

EOizywnU8AY1oBl.jpg

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Curtis1986 said:

I am not sure if this is a spoiler or not so don't read below if you haven't seen the movie.

Did Michael Bay make a cameo at the wedding scene or was it somebody else.

Yes it was him.   He also cameo-ed in "Bad Boys II" and both new Directors had a Cameo in the movie as well.  But that was Michael Bay at the Wedding Scene, he credited as "Wedding DJ" in the original credits.  

EOg-AtvX4AMigul.jpg

1 hour ago, stuart360 said:

The film isnt full of 'old' jokes is it?, you know the 'we are getting too old for this shit' type stuff?. I mean they are like 50 not 70, dont need a film full of that.

The film is very much focused on the fact they're old, they can't do what they used to, and they should start accepting that, and focusing on making amends for past behaviors and doing what they can to make the world better for future generations. Not to make it sound all lovey-dovey because there's still a ton of nastiness and violence and gross-out-gags all over the place.

But yeah, there's a lot of "we're old" jokes because 50+ is pretty old to be riding motorcycles with miniguns on them and jumping off of moving semis onto a helicopter. It's fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LawrenceBrolivier said:

But yeah, there's a lot of "we're old" jokes because 50+ is pretty old to be riding motorcycles with miniguns on them and jumping off of moving semis onto a helicopter. It's fine.

If Tom Cruise can get away with those sorts of stunt then Will Smith can as well. I think the too old jokes worked better with Martin Lawrence. 

• Like 1

January is about to turn into another February/August for movies, little by little the days of being the dumping ground for Hollywood are coming to an end

I can see certain blockbusters Bad Boys 4(ever) obviously and others thriving in this month for years to come