Biggestgeekever

4 day Actuals pg 62+; MIB3 69.25m TA 47.22m

From Rope of Silicon (http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/friday-box-office-men-in-black-3-looking-at-60-million-3-day-and-potential-75-million-holiday/):

- Men in Black 3

"With that kind of out-of-the-gate result I'm thinking somewhere around $61 million for the three-day and close to $75 million for the four-day Memorial Day weekend, but it could go higher as word of mouth may prove fruitful with a B+ CinemaScore (A- from audiences under the age of 18) and rather positive reviews."

- Chernobyl Diaries

"The film's weekend result may be in jeopardy, however, as it will be hard-pressed for good buzz considering a D+ CinemaScore. I'll be generous and assume a $9.5 million for the three-day and $11 million for the holiday weekend."

What the fuck is gitesh mean by that? It's Smith's first MOVIE in 4 years since that turd Hancock, which I still haven't forgiven him for. GP is acting like Will's been in a rut :lol:

No. His last movie was Seven Pounds and it wasn't number 1 :P

If it opens to 70, that's about 56-58 mill three day.Give it a 3 multiplier, that's 168 and add 10-12 mill to it for the holiday Monday. About 180 total

Gitesh Pandya ‏@giteshpandya

#Avengers #2 w/ $9.7M FRI heading to about $45M long wknd. May break $500M dom as early as today in record 23 days!

$3.5M FRI opening for #ChernobylDiaries going to about $11M 4day wknd. Usual weak debut for horror pics in May.

#Avengers #2 w/ $9.7M FRI heading to about $45M long wknd. May break $500M dom as early as today in record 23 days!

$3.5M FRI opening for #ChernobylDiaries going to about $11M 4day wknd. Usual weak debut for horror pics in May.

I am confused with BOG. If TA breaks the 500M barrier today than it make 47-48M for the 4day weekend not 45M.

TA is looking at a 4-day of 44-46m which is right about where most of the pre weekend predicts had it falling. Seems pretty good to me. Decent start for MIB3. Seeing it in a couple of hours. I think it does 70-73m for the 4-day and finishes with 185-195.