Biggestgeekever

4 day Actuals pg 62+; MIB3 69.25m TA 47.22m

I have read that you have to go to the eighties to have 4 weekends at number 1 in May.

Quickly breezing through the BOM archives, I actually can't find any movie that was #1 for 4 weekends in May. Part of the problem is that it's only relatively recently (the last 15 years or so) to have bigger movies actually open at the beginning of May. Used to be they'd all be around Memorial Day or the weekend before it.
  • Like 1

As for MIB3, rival studios were right on target when they told me Sony’s 3D scifi laugher was not as strong as Hollywood expected for North America or overseas. Barry Sonnenfeld’s/Rick Baker’s latest playing in very wide release at 4,248 theaters opened with $18M Friday and then went up 9% with $19.6M Saturday. “It’s a little less than we hoped for,” a Sony exec admitted to me tonight.

http://www.deadline....1-3m-midnights/

Edited by Totem

Today, Disney’s 3D superhero assembly crossed $500M, reaching the mark in just 23 days setting a new speed record (better than Avatar which took 32 days).

TA has done it. Hit 500M in 23 days. :) :) :)