Biggestgeekever

4 day Actuals pg 62+; MIB3 69.25m TA 47.22m

You know?? You laugh at the thought of this, but remember: You were the folks who laughed at me for even implying The AVENGERS would beat TDK record and di so for more than a year.. Now look at the results and even moreso, the buzz on TDKR really isn't as heightend as you folks want to believe.. Saying 380M Domestic for a movie franchise in it's 3rd movie is actually rather generous when you consider what SM2 made compared to SM3, so let's not get too over confident in ourselves boys..

A lot of us thought it would open around TDK's 158m OW.... We just didn't think it would pass its total. :ph34r:

You know?? You laugh at the thought of this, but remember: You were the folks who laughed at me for even implying The AVENGERS would beat TDK record and di so for more than a year.. Now look at the results and even moreso, the buzz on TDKR really isn't as heightend as you folks want to believe.. Saying 380M Domestic for a movie franchise in it's 3rd movie is actually rather generous when you consider what SM2 made compared to SM3, so let's not get too over confident in ourselves boys..

Actually I hope what you are saying to come true, but its unlikely. :)

Plus, demonstrating more trouble for Hollywood, overall moviegoing of $190M is down a huge -32% from last year’s record.

So Avengers keeps sucking the air out of North America’s box office. Trust me when I say the movie moguls are worried what lies ahead for their films in June after a dismal May

Hmm, assuming the 54M 3 Days and 70M 4 days estimates for MIB3 can hold. lets see.#1 opening among the MIB Franchises :hi5:#1 all time opening among Sci-Fi Comedy, and the 3 MIB films now hold the top 3 spots. :lol:#2 all time opening among Time Travel, right after Star Trek 2009. :wub:#3 opening among all Will Smith films, only after I Am Legend and Hancock. :wiggle:#10 opening among Alien Invasion#9 or #10 opener of the 4 days Memerial Day weekend.And finally it could claim top 3 sci-fi comdey, joining MIB1 and MIB2. This franchises dominates this genre. :D

Edited by firedeep
  • Like 1