Impact

Behind the Camera

That would be a good idea.Too bad you're not rebooting Alara Hunch. Maybe you should remake the Krosa series for Magpie. ;)

If I go down the planeswalkers route and have the characters travel to multiple worlds I could include Alara. I think Magpie would kill me if I came near Krosa lol.

Its looking likely that Zendikar will be my Magic: The Gathering film for Year 1, and it will be directed by Eric Valli (he directed Himalaya which was nominated for a Foreign Language Oscar in 1999 and had amazing cinematography and a sense of adventure and "realness" I want to capture with Zendikar).

This weekend we already decided.

So what do we do exactly in CAYOM?

CAYOM simulates a year of films, though it syncs up to Real-Time in that actors only age when the real year changes (2011-2012). Part 1 is the Scheduling, in which a schedule of the year's weekends is put up. Players then post in that thread the films they are making for the year. General details to include with a film are:TitleGenreCastDirector (though minor filler films don't need this)Release DateTheater CountMPAA RatingPlot SummaryFor plot summaries, there is no desired range, though at least a decent-sized paragraph should be used at the minimum for minor films. For more major films aiming for blockbuster status or awards, at least a few decent paragraphs should be written so players have a good idea of the film's scope and story. Some people write a lot more, don't think that makes "LONG" plots necessary, it's just more of a habit with those people (I am one of them).Optional details to include in a film post are:Writer (If it's a major film and you're angling for a Screenplay Oscar, mentioning the film's "writer" can help)Composer (If you're angling for an Original Score or Original Song Oscar, mentioning the composer can help)Budget (Not required, but it's really helpful to post a budget for your films so it gives people an idea of the sets, special effects, etc)Once the Schedule is adequately filled up, Part 1 ends and we move into Part 2, which is box office predictions. One player is assigned to do the Actuals/Totals/Overseas grosses for the films, but everyone else is free to predict what the scheduled films will do on opening weekend, domestic total, and worldwide total. The player who actually does the grosses is obligated to take these predictions into account to some degree. Once predictions start, players can also start reviewing the posted films.Once reviews, predictions, and actuals are done, we move to the awards season, with submissions for Oscars (picks, the nominations, then the voting). Generally it's good form for the person doing the totals to wait until the Oscars are over to post the domestic totals, since a great critical reception followed by Oscar success can really boost some films released late in the year beyond the year's end.A lot of these things can be picked up easily enough on the fly.

It's based on the Greek myth of Icarus, not Kid Icarus in any way.And it's not Gemini, it's a straight-up Disney film. No need for Gemini in this iteration of CAYOM because Disney finally pulled its head out of its butt and started making good films again (Enchanted, Princess and the Frog, and Tangled).