Impact

Behind the Camera

Being given the rights to Starcraft has resulted in me delaying plans for my Star Wars revival for at least several game years now (I was originally considering Year 6). But now I'll have Starcraft films in Years 5, 8, and 11, and I don't want to be juggling multiple major sci-fi franchises at the same time. So I don't think I'll be getting to making my revival series this game decade. Maybe, we'll see.

• Community Manager

No idea when it's coming out, but Im doing a film around the time of the American Revolution. Not sure yet how much into the Revolution it will go, if at all, but I want to present a portrait of Colonial America on the eve of the war.

So, regarding Oscars... Does the person that posts the actuals always host them, or is there a dibs system I'm not aware of similar to that? Because I'd like to host the Oscars some year, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to want to do actuals anytime soon....

So, regarding Oscars... Does the person that posts the actuals always host them, or is there a dibs system I'm not aware of similar to that? Because I'd like to host the Oscars some year, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to want to do actuals anytime soon....

It's usually the person who does the actuals I think.

No, it's been Impact or myself who's done them here. Doing actuals has no relation to the Oscars, it's really just a seniority thing.Since Impact hasn't been around much, it'll most likely be me who does the Oscars this year.That said, if someone else wants to do the Oscars in future years, let them make it known ahead of time and ensure they won't fudge the results. ;)

Edited by 4815162342

Been working on editing down Dragon Age: Onslaught. It'll definitely be much shorter than its original CAYOM 1.0 length but it'll still be lengthy because there's only so much that can be cut in a paragraph to keep its purpose.

Also been working on casting for some future films. I've got the voice cast down for Year 5's Where? Matthew Fox will be voicing Waldo and Penelope Cruz will be voicing Carmen Sandiego. A mix of professional voice actors and character actors will be handling the other roles.

The most daunting project I have coming up is Specials in Year 6. I tried three different times to make it in CAYOM 1.0 but each time I got bogged down in details and plotting. This time though I think I got things sorted out well enough and I've rejiggered some elements, so it should be quite the project if worked out properly. It's a looming, Michael Mann drama/thriller about a government shadow agency tasked with monitoring the presence of American citizens who have developed superhuman abilities. If I get it right, there's going to be a lot of background mythology, a lot of conspiracy elements, and more. In some ways it's as if the TV show Heroes was 1) Made by HBO and 2) Didn't have its head stuck up its own ass half the time.

Hugh Jackman stars as Velociraptor, a man with a giant unobtanium claw that he can stick out of both his feet.Co-Starring Samuel L. Jackson as The Dry-Cleaner, the man who somehow always loses the supersuits he's supposed to clean.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 3

Guernica Studio's having an interesting year 5. David Lynch confirmed his return to film making, PTA is doing a Satanic church founder biopic, Planeswalkers is having a sequel, while the Jack Reacher reached its final phase of casting. The three remaining contenders for the role are Liam Neeson, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Ray Liotta. Thoughts?