Impact

Behind the Camera

5 hours ago, Spaghetti said:

Sad this game seems pretty much dead in the water.

Still find everything with The Academy hilarious in hindsight. People loved it or hated it - there was almost no inbetween.

The massively polarizing reviews is what made me seek it out and read it myself, so you can pat yourself on the back for that one.

(It's massively flawed but I understood where you were going with it)

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

For what it's worth, I hate it with three years of hindsight. :D I was frustrated with a somewhat slow Y6 for me that I was desperate to pull out all the stops and make a "fuck you, I'm an artist!" movie, and I was still adoring Cloud Atlas at the time so...

Basically, The Academy was a product of righteous anger and lack of a perhaps necessary haste. :P

On May 19, 2016 at 8:49 AM, Spaghetti said:

Sad this game seems pretty much dead in the water.

I've been wanting to write some stuff for CAYOM, but it sucks when no one else is. It's a shame that this game is dead. :(

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

I've been wanting to write some stuff for CAYOM, but it sucks when no one else is. It's a shame that this game is dead. :(

Lol so have I. I've done a lot of rework with my future projects (added a third act to The Black Knight where there originally weren't) but been to busy/lazy to finish and post the stuff that was right in front of me. :lol: Got only one big assignment left before summer tho.

On 5/23/2016 at 11:53 AM, cookie said:

Lol so have I. I've done a lot of rework with my future projects (added a third act to The Black Knight where there originally weren't) but been to busy/lazy to finish and post the stuff that was right in front of me. :lol: Got only one big assignment left before summer tho.

Same ive started stuff but since the game is dead haven't really pushed to finish anything

So what's going on with this game? This was legendary at BOM, so many amazing memories, it's a real, real tragedy that BOM vaporized the forums from existence. There was nothing like this anywhere else in on the internet or in the world. I started playing when I was 13 and now I'm about to graduate college and have already written several short films, and am slowly making my way as a screenwriter in the real world. CAYOM taught me how to tell a story, and gave me my first audience. It was basically the best, most entertaining workshop experience ever. I still have all my films saved on my computer and the progress from my first years to my final ones is staggering. I went in being able to come up with solid concepts but with no idea how to develop them into a cohesive, detailed plot, and left with an instinctive grasp of great storytelling. I owe my passion in life to this game, as melodramatic as it may sound. It showed me that I can tell a great story, and I'm not sure I would have found out without it. More importantly, it gave me my first audience. So Numbers, Ry, Impact, Billy, Point, Phil, Ueka, and everyone else out there, if you're reading this, thank you. And I still hope I'll be able to meet you one day. If you ever stop by Vancouver send me a message! I check this account from time to time.

Edited by Hunch
  • Like 2

So with Nine Lives releasing today, it kept reminding me of my Y5 film The Career Buster, following a prestigious director seeking to free himself from Hollywood by making the worst movie he can possibly imagine. 

On August 4, 2016 at 0:12 PM, Alpha said:

I've actually been thinking about writing two OCs just for fun; a political drama (the election's gotten me motivated) and one about the first years of Pixar with Lasseter, Jobs, Catmull, Katzenberg, etc.

Lol. I already did :lol:

Yeah, as far as plans for films go, I'm thinking of finishing up Tulpa and doing an adaptation of both 12 Angry Men and Oedipus the King. Read both in my English class last year and thought they would make pretty good movies.

Edited by Rorschach

On 8/21/2016 at 11:55 AM, Alpha said:

You know what, I'd be up for doing this. :)

So I've literally read 550 films over the past week in preparation for my Top 100 All-Time CAYOM 2.0 list. And I'm only 2/3 of the way through.

:kitschjob:

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1

I may be up for something like that.

I'm thinking that maybe what we can do is try something like this to get a little rejuvenated energy for the game. And then afterwards maybe restart Year 10 from the beginning (there's already a bunch of films made already so that'll help push things forward). Maybe that will give things a kickstart for people (*cough*likeme*cough*) to get invested once again. Third time is the charm after all. :ph34r: 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I may be up for something like that.

I'm thinking that maybe what we can do is try something like this to get a little rejuvenated energy for the game. And then afterwards maybe restart Year 10 from the beginning (there's already a bunch of films made already so that'll help push things forward). Maybe that will give things a kickstart for people (*cough*likeme*cough*) to get invested once again. Third time is the charm after all. :ph34r: 

Tbh I'd rather we finish Y10 as is (the way it's left hanging so close to the end is disheartening) and make Y11 the fresh start should there be energy to keep it going. It was easier to restart it when all that had to be remade was part 1, but wiping off two seasons worth of reviews and box office might tick off some people.

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

So I've literally read 550 films over the past week in preparation for my Top 100 All-Time CAYOM 2.0 list. And I'm only 2/3 of the way through.

:kitschjob:

What year you're in?

Edited by cookie