Impact

Behind the Camera

1 hour ago, Hiccup23 said:

Also why the hell did me and @Alphahate each other? 

I never hated you, but if I ever was antagonistic towards you personally then I'm incredibly sorry. Don't want any harsh feelings with anybody in this game. :)

43 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

I've been thinking about SPARK quite a bit lately, and I will say that my current vision for it is WAAAYYY different than its original vision. I'm almost not sure if I want to continue with characters I haven't touched for three years (in game time) or start fresh with something new.

In an effort to buy time, a different animated film will be released in Y10 - a steampunk musical adventure.

I have to say I'm getting similar feelings while writing Amulet II. Yes, I really want to continue it because I like the first film quite a bit and I like the characters, and I still have some interest in developing the world. But I really, REALLY don't like how the second film is coming out right now. I don't like writing films where I know the final product isn't gonna be as good as I hoped. I have a lot of plans going ahead, and it feels like sticking to this one part franchise and saying to myself "welp, I gotta get this over with" is kinda grueling. I think if I'm releasing it this trimester it'll be a pretty heavily truncated version, not the 11k+ behemoth the original was.

• Like 2

I'm starting up on my three-hour animated epic (if Spaghetti puts his steampunk musical on December 18th I'll grab an early November spot) but I'm doing something else in the meantime to get my writing going.

Look out for something, ahem, a bit unexpected in the next few days.:redcapes:

No it's not Scrooge McDuck 2, it's too early.

9 hours ago, Hiccup23 said:

What is the max length for a CAYOM film. I am currently writing a film and it is finished but at 91,000 words. 

Lol damn. I don't think there are film scripts that are that long.:lol:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hiccup23 said:

What is the max length for a CAYOM film. I am currently writing a film and it is finished but at 91,000 words. 

This is longer than Of Mice and Men, Animal Farm, and The Old Man and the Sea COMBINED.

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Spaghetti said:

This is longer than Of Mice and Men, Animal Farm, and The Old Man and the Sea COMBINED.

It is about as long as the first Hunger Games book.....

I have slashed it down to 30,000 words currently. It will probably end up with 13k-15k words. It has a lot of dialogue, which makes editing very difficult. I am hoping the story doesn't get completely f'd up. 

FYI just because this film has a long word count doesn't mean it is Oscar bait...frankly if this film gets positive reactions I'll be surprised. 

22 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

FYI just because this film has a long word count doesn't mean it is Oscar bait...frankly if this film gets positive reactions I'll be surprised. 

Hey, Blankments took a fanfiction to pretty big success in Year 7. ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Hey, Blankments took a fanfiction to pretty big success in Year 7. ;)

What film was that?

Personally I don't think this is an Oscar film. The writing is good (at least when it was 91K long ;)) but I don't think you guys are gonna eat up the plot. I am keeping the plot under wraps but CAYOM has never seen a film like this before. 

Honestly think if I ever return it'll be to write a final Chuck and Liam movie and that's it. My creative pursuits have been taken up by more "actual scripts" stuff.

That said, I've been toying with adapting Lucid into a TV pilot or writing a full script for Shiverin' Gulch so who knows