Totem

The Dark Knight Rises VS The Amazing Spiderman OS Battle

TDKR will definitely not miss 600m OS.

I'm definitely not so sure. TDKR does have South America and parts of Europe, but so does TASM and at a much larger scale. There's reports of crashes to midnight tickets in UK's biggest movie theater website from the SHH boards.Regardless of what you like to think, Spider-Man is the most popular superhero in the World and yes, more than Batman and Superman. People will watch this regardless that is a reboot, this isn't at the same level of Batman, let alone Hulk.

I'm definitely not so sure. TDKR does have South America and parts of Europe, but so does TASM and at a much larger scale. There's reports of crashes to midnight tickets in UK's biggest movie theater website from the SHH boards.Regardless of what you like to think, Spider-Man is the most popular superhero in the World and yes, more than Batman and Superman. People will watch this regardless that is a reboot, this isn't at the same level of Batman, let alone Hulk.

Couldn't care less about Superman, he isn't relevant at the BO atm. TDK was really well recieved WW, it's also the finale in the trilogy, will most likely be a critical hit and have strong legs combined with a big opening.ASM could be a terrible film for all we know, that probably won't affect it to much OS if it is the case. Edited by Totem

No, Batman is the most popular superhero ever.

Well, there's a difference between known and popular. If we are talking about most known superhero, Superman wins that poll easilly, followed by Batman. But we're not talking about being known, we're talking about popularity, meaning you'll spend money to see something. My grandma knows who Superman and Batman are, but she would never see them on TV, let alone go to a theater. There's a reason why CNN chose Spidey the most popular hero of the last decade.
  • Like 1

Couldn't care less about Superman, he isn't relevant at the BO atm. TDK was really well recieved WW, it's also the finale in the trilogy, will most likely be a critical hit and have strong legs combined with a big opening.ASM could be a terrible film for all we know, that probably won't affect it to much OS if it is the case.

I'm honestly more confident about The Amazing Spider-Man being a better film than TDKR, and people just don't care that much about TDK as you'd like to think. TDK's box office OS was also affected by Heath Ledger's death, and what you call "a critical hit", I call overrated as hell. Just look at what Inception did OS for proof. Olive's $650m scenario is a quite optimistic one for TDKR, I'm saying $600m tops. As for TASM, it could go from $600m to even surpass The Avengers. You really don't have an understanding how big Spidey is OS.

As for TASM being a good film, I don't think you have the pulse of the GA since that you clearly isn't a big fan of The Avengers. TASM won't make more money than TA, but I wouldn't doubt that could gross more than TDKR worldwide. We don't know if TDKR is that good of a film, and while it's a given that Spider-Man will be a crowd pleaser, it seems that TDKR will go down as a downer film. Cute and all, but not something that would warrant repeated viewings as much as TA and as much as TASM possibly could.

As for TASM being a good film, I don't think you have the pulse of the GA since that you clearly isn't a big fan of The Avengers. TASM won't make more money than TA, but I wouldn't doubt that could gross more than TDKR worldwide. We don't know if TDKR is that good of a film, and while it's a given that Spider-Man will be a crowd pleaser, it seems that TDKR will go down as a downer film. Cute and all, but not something that would warrant repeated viewings as much as TA and as much as TASM possibly could.

It seems you have a definitive knowledge of the future, so I suppose there would be no point in arguing with you.
  • Like 2