American Eagle

Captain America vs. Thor

Captain America vs. Thor  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2011 Avengers movie is your favorite?

• Captain America: The First Avenger
    • Thor

I loved both the movies, but if one to chosen then Captain America: The First Avenger is my favourite.

Welcome gatepatrick. I second that .. :) Thats my buddy empire saying hello  to you.. Where are you from? :)

Oh Empire , Tarzan, Baumer, Shawn, Dash.. Join us in the agents of shield forum. Man since they started connected the show to the movies and having stars cross over(Yep even samuel Jackson nick fury and Lady something from Thor) The show is getting more incredible by leaps and bounds. You will have to watch episodes of the show to actually find out how Colson was saved!! Its crazy!!

Oh heres some tidbits I posted in Agents of Shield Empire....Checkthis out.. Not sure if you put this together yet. But Im pretty Sure Capt 3. is going to reveal more on Nick  Fury..

Found out that  Nick Fury is more than meets the eye guys :)..

^^ The above came to me when a bud of mine told Nick Fury is really as old as Cap pretty much.

Then I started hitting the wiki pages and man, that scene with him and Cap in the elevator rang home.

Nick fury is talking about himself in the old days, not his grandfather! lol--Crazy right.

Who agrees with me.(Nick was giving the infinity formula in the 1940)

Did yu know this version in the Marvel cinemactic universe might be based off the Fury that took

a longevity formula that halted the aging process.Basically Nick Fury is as old almost as CAP!!! Except like Wolverine he's lived through near 90 yrs of war...Wow no wonder he respects and relates to cap so much.

Never knew fury took a formula too gang..This is very interesting. Want to be its revealed in Captain 3 how old Fury really is.

Wow I was thinking over the elevator scene and holy shit.. I  think when he tells cap about his ww 2 (WinterSoldier movie)

grand pa...He is talking about himself. :D . Wow ...if they go this route Im loving disney even more.

Edited by Superman001

Thor has cracked the brain dome of a Celestial with Mjolnir and other amazing feats, can he dent/destroy Cap's shield? Either in the comics or movies? Celestials are a cosmic creation and can't see Vibranium being stronger/durable than Celestial technology. Maybe it will take an OF Thor to harm the shield, like the Serpent broke it. The OF or some other form of extreme power is needed to do this.

My question is if Thor had the OF in TA would the shield have been dented or shattered?

• Like 1

Thor has cracked the brain dome of a Celestial with Mjolnir and other amazing feats, can he dent/destroy Cap's shield? Either in the comics or movies? Celestials are a cosmic creation and can't see Vibranium being stronger/durable than Celestial technology. Maybe it will take an OF Thor to harm the shield, like the Serpent broke it. The OF or some other form of extreme power is needed to do this.

My question is if Thor had the OF in TA would the shield have been dented or shattered?

Which shield is cap using in the film Neo?

I thought he isnt using the vibranium shield yet? Im not sure anything but a cosmic force can wreck Captains strongest shield though. Would take something like the beyonds power I think or Thanos with his IG.

Is the OF portrayed as powerfully in the movies as in the comics? As it seems Odin isnt that powerful in the films. Unless hes choosing not to use it perhaps? I mean the ice giant easily took his eye and almost took Odins life.

Edited by Superman001

Which shield is cap using in the film Neo?

I thought he isnt using the vibranium shield yet? Im not sure anything but a cosmic force can wreck Captains strongest shield though. Would take something like the beyonds power I think or Thanos with his IG.

Is the OF portrayed as powerfully in the movies as in the comics? As it seems Odin isnt that powerful in the films. Unless hes choosing not to use it perhaps? I mean the ice giant easily took his eye and almost took Odins life.

Not sure on which shield, didn't know there were different ones. The Serpent with his bare hands broke his shield. Seems you need to be OF+ to break/dent the shield.

Not yet. Only Odin has it and he hasn't been in action scenes yet.

Thor is an upper tier superhero film. It's got the best hero/villain dynamic of any MCU film, by a pretty considerable margin. It's a personal favorite.

Cap 1 is very good, but the second half is pretty messy. Also, Red Skull is oddly not compelling as a villain.

Thor 2 is terrifically fun, but there are a number of questionable choices therein.  It works best when playing up the relationships that existed in the first film.

Cap 2 has some good ideas, but the whole package is a mess, and is a pretty bad film. The more I think about it, the more disappointed I am.

Thor > Cap 1 > Thor 2 > Cap 2

(This past weekend, I had a conversation with a man who was wearing a Captain America t-shirt. I asked him what he thought of the new film. He  didn't like it, and mentioned that his sixteen-year-old son nearly walked out of the theater in disgust.)

I found it rather interesting that the poll is pretty close at the time I am writing this. I really prefer Thor over the first Captain America. I thought that the second Captain America was much better, but then again the second Thor movie was better as well…