rockNrollaDIM

Fri: SW 20.3m; MIB 8.3m; TA 5.65m/Sat DHD: SW 21.5m; MIB 12m; TA 9m

I am still not convinced that actors make that much of a difference. You need big name actors for publicity purposes as the movies are easier to sell but at the end of the day people will only watch movies if they are interested in the subject matter.

Edited by TLK

I was MUCH more worried about Hardwicke directing RRH than I was about Stewart playing in this, and as it turns out, I was right to worry about the first, and to NOT worry about this one.

Definitly agree. RRH was so fucking awful. :lol:

5. Kristen Stewart, many people that I know weren't interested in the movie because of her.

And many people were interested because of her. The girls that were with us on Friday night said they wouldn't have been seeing it on OW if it wasn't for Stewart.

Definitly agree. RRH was so fucking awful. :lol:

Indeed it was, yet I saw it twice in the theaters, twice on demand, and probably will buy the DVD. I am an absolute glutton for punishment when it comes to bad movies with this setting. So of course I'm even more insane when I am seeing a good one, like SWatH. :D

Bingo. A lot of people genuinely hate her as an actress. I wonder how another young actress would have fared in the role. Kirsten probably helped bring in the Twilight crowd but also polarized others who would see it if she wasn't in it.

Precisely; she's definitely one of the more polarizing actresses out there. No one I knew was like "Kristen Stewarts in this; I gotta see it!"; if anything, quite the opposite. My favorite gem was "I'd want to see Snow White if I didn't have to see Kristen Stewart use one expression for two hours".

And many people were interested because of her. The girls that were with us on Friday night said they wouldn't have been seeing it on OW if it wasn't for Stewart.

Stewart was probably a net positive, but I honestly think Charlize, and her performance in the trailers, made the biggest impact in terms of attracting viewers, especially the dudes.

I am still not convinced that actors make that much of a difference. You need big name actors for publicity purposes as the movies are easier to sell but at the end of the day people will only watch movies if they are interested in the subject matter.

Agreed. A high profile actor can help build awareness for movies that usually don't get the attention but for blockbusters, it's the subject and the appeal of the story that matters much more.

Yeah I guess male attendance was alright then. I know critical reception was definitely way worse than I expected. I mean if you had told me that SWATH would end up lower on RT than Mirror Mirror back when we just had the trailers to go off of I would have said you were out of your mind. I still can't believe that actually. :unsure: Anyways I just got back from vacation so I've yet to see it, but I'm interested to see what I think of it after such epic previews yet such middling reviews.

That's fucking ridiculous IMO. I guess I have to see Mirror Mirror, apparently it's a fantasy masterpiece :rolleyes:

At least the audiences have spoken as to what they prefer.

So they're projecting 38% drop for TA today...that seems a bit excessive.

Yea I saw that too. TA has never dropped over 30 percent on Sunday. I expect an increase in the actual number.

Sunday drop for TA is bit on the ridiculous side. TA has yet to have a Sunday hold worse than 28.7% and they are projecting 38%.
  • Like 1

This movie has made me a fan of Kristen Stewart for two reasons:

[*]She put in a good performance despite all naysayers wishes, she carried the role, and her accent was leaps and bounds better than Hemsworth's and she never broke it

[*]I see how crazy she makes people, specifically fanboys/AICN types, and there's nothing better than seeing them get all riled up for no reason

So Kstew FTW.

• Like 3

This movie has made me a fan of Kristen Stewart for two reasons:

[*]She put in a good performance despite all naysayers wishes, she carried the role, and her accent was leaps and bounds better than Hemsworth's and she never broke it

[*]I see how crazy she makes people, specifically fanboys/AICN types, and there's nothing better than seeing them get all riled up for no reason

So Kstew FTW.

Agreed, and maintaining a strong accent, to me, is a surefire sign of good acting chops. The best ones can usually do it, the "movie stars" usually can't.

Mirror Mirror was dreadful, a least SWATH has heart and even though the movie felt slow at times when it came alive it did it big time (Snow's speech, the battles, the santuary, etc).Kristen definitely did a great job with the accent and I think this is Chris best role to date, maybe his accent wasn't good but that wasn't a distraction and the man brought a side of him we haven't seen before.

My reason for seeing it was:1. The over all tone of the movie and the slightly different take on an age old story2. Having some actual action in there3. Charlize's portrayal of the Queen was great looking in the trailers

My reason for seeing it was:1. The over all tone of the movie and the slightly different take on an age old story2. Having some actual action in there3. Charlize's portrayal of the Queen was great looking in the trailers

I would join that Chris Hemsworth awesomeness all over the trailers. And, at some point, I was curious to see Kristen's performance.

Sunday drop for TA is bit on the ridiculous side. TA has yet to have a Sunday hold worse than 28.7% and they are projecting 38%.

Ya, when I saw that I was like, WTF!!Why would it suddenly have a Sunday 10% higher than its worse drop in any of it's previous 4 Sundays? Seems kinda strange.