rockNrollaDIM

Fri: SW 20.3m; MIB 8.3m; TA 5.65m/Sat DHD: SW 21.5m; MIB 12m; TA 9m

It'll be ok rb. Charlize gave this wretched world the epic periodic fantasy it deserves.All is well.

True! Which reminds me, when watching the trailers, I was wanting her to give the wretched world the queen it deserved. But during the movie, I found myself surprised by actually rooting for the good guys.

True! Which reminds me, when watching the trailers, I was wanting her to give the wretched world the queen it deserved. But during the movie, I found myself surprised by actually rooting for the good guys.

Me too!! Weird! I thought I would be rooting for bad guys, but it didn't happen.

Wait...So Avengers is the 3rd highest grossing film EVER behind Avatar and Titanic? That is so freakin' huge. I just can't comprehend this. It all happened so fast, lol.Domestic of course.

TA is the #3 all-time domestic, #3 all-time world-wide, #3 this weekend.

Me too!! Weird! I thought I would be rooting for bad guys, but it didn't happen.

For me, it's the sign of a good movie, when I actually root for the good guys. When I'm bored, I find myself cheering for the villian. In this case, I didn't expect it to be boring, but I still thought I would root for Charlize. (I sure did in Young Adult, and not because it was boring hahaha).

For me, it's the sign of a good movie, when I actually root for the good guys. When I'm bored, I find myself cheering for the villian. In this case, I didn't expect it to be boring, but I still thought I would root for Charlize. (I sure did in Young Adult, and not because it was boring hahaha).

I still need to see that. The cynicism is right up my alley.

I still need to see that. The cynicism is right up my alley.

It's very very solid. It's not the type of movie that you go see in the cinema, or even watch on DVD with your friends. It's perfect when you're by yourself, about half drunk and feeling a tad bitter. It hits the spot great at that time, which of course is exactly when I happened to watch it.
  • Like 1

It's very very solid. It's not the type of movie that you go see in the cinema, or even watch on DVD with your friends. It's perfect when you're by yourself, about half drunk and feeling a tad bitter. It hits the spot great at that time, which of course is exactly when I happened to watch it.

I'm sure, at the right time of life, it's a great movie. But for those of us in that age frame... I turned it off after 30 minutes of Theron's character's desperate actions. "I get it. Mid-life sucks. You wish your life was better. You wish things had turned out better. I'M THERE!!! This is not entertainment to me right now"

I liked Young Adult. I thought it was good. Charlize character was ridiculous though, lol. Some people thought it was supposed to be a comedy and didn't really like it.

I'm sure, at the right time of life, it's a great movie. But for those of us in that age frame... I turned it off after 30 minutes of Theron's character's desperate actions. "I get it. Mid-life sucks. You wish your life was better. You wish things had turned out better. I'M THERE!!! This is not entertainment to me right now"

I'm actually in that age frame, and probably appreciated it more than I would have back in the day. I don't know, I guess mileage varies for a movie like that.

Perfect. I love getting a good buzz on by myself and watching a movie, so thanks for the suggestion.

LOL but it doesn't have to suck. She was stuck in her ways and she brought a lot of problems on herself. But what the movie really tells us that how others perceive you when you are young contributes greatly to how you see yourself as an adult. Remember she was the town beauty, most popular etc. She had no filters. Even when she tried to get some insight into her problems she got no help from the people closest to her.

I'm actually in that age frame, and probably appreciated it more than I would have back in the day. I don't know, I guess mileage varies for a movie like that.

Yeah. Saw a little too much of me in that character... I could totally become a drunk and go after the old high school flame.Seriously.