Impact

Zombieland: Double Tap | Oct 18 2019 | Ruben Fleischer returning as director | Dave Callaham (Expendables) writing the screenplay

This movie was fun, but to be honest its not feeling like a repeat business winner.  I did enjoy it and stay all the way to end for a certain leader of the Gbs to show up. I give it a 6.5/10 all. Nothing really new to see here but a decent b film to just have good matinee priced outing with your love one. Good thing they kept the budget low, it may be profitable even tho its a bit too silly. First film way better in my opinion

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Getting mixed reviews, which is all right if you ask me. Not a dumpster fire so will catch it in theaters. I would rather support such films than over hyped and overrated movies.

so you were going to skip this movie if it got great reviews? 🤔

weird take 

Up to 80% with 25 reviews, and the consensus is in:

"Zombieland: Double Tap makes up for a lack of fresh brains with an enjoyable reunion that recaptures the spirit of the original and adds a few fun twists."

I'm honestly very surprised. I'm a fan of the first film, but thought the trailers for this brought nothing new to the table. They were just rehashing jokes from the 1st. 

EDIT: Variety's blurb is straight out of a Joker 'review':

"Yeah, yeah, it's just a movie, you say. But like the first-person-shooter video games the film's "Double Tap" title references, society can't just passively sit back and accept an attitude that mocks pacifism and makes light of such extreme violence"

Edited by OncomingStorm93

I mean is it really a problem that it is similar to this first movie?  I'd much rather it be a great time at the theatre and similar to the first, than try for something entirely new and ruin the film.  I can't wait to see it Sunday, and hearing it is similar to the first just makes me more excited.

Not sure why some are saying reviews are "mixed" either.  Consensus seams that this is a great time at the theatre, and overall positive. 

46 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

I mean is it really a problem that it is similar to this first movie?  I'd much rather it be a great time at the theatre and similar to the first, than try for something entirely new and ruin the film.  I can't wait to see it Sunday, and hearing it is similar to the first just makes me more excited.

Not sure why some are saying reviews are "mixed" either.  Consensus seams that this is a great time at the theatre, and overall positive. 

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, Knights of Ren said:

Gotcha.  Yea not gonna take 13 critics opinions as gospel. 

the early reviews being mixed is not an opinion that you can disagree with. you can disagree with the critics's opinions on the films being good or not but you can't pretend that the critical reception is something that it isn't and you don't need a critic to validate your opinion of a movie anyway.

besides there are plenty of great movies with mixed reviews so I'm not sure why that's an issue. (Aquaman, Joker, Aladdin, Alita and IT Chapter 2 just this year). 

2 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

the early reviews being mixed is not an opinion that you can disagree with. you can disagree with the critics's opinions on the films being good or not but you can't pretend that the critical reception is something that it isn't and you don't need a critic to validate your opinion of a movie anyway.

besides there are plenty of great movies with mixed reviews so I'm not sure why that's an issue. (Aquaman, Joker, Aladdin, Alita and IT Chapter 2 just this year). 

Oh I don't disagree.  I was more alluding to the sample size was a bit small at this time.  We are on the same page as far as the response.