Totem

When will we get a 250M OW? What film could do it?

Get both Wolverine and Spider-man in TA 2 and have the team be transported to Pandora, where they'll fight a renegade Jake, who's gotten mad with power after getting ahold of the infinity gems. Have James Cameron and Joss Whedon co-direct and make surethe film opens at the startof summer. Voila. 300 million opening.

Edited by cochofles

I don't know why people try and play Avatar. Well I know why Batman fans do.Guess that's what happens when you curb stomp all other movies and easily become the biggest movie of all time.

It was fun watching Avatar obliterate everything in it's path on BOM.

I'm sure it was. I would have loved to see the meltdowns but then again I am biased. James Cameron is my favorite director.

I'm JC fan as well. Meltdowns were epic and people didn't know what to say or do. It was such a behemoth.

John Carter 2 will do it!..seriously : only Avengers 2 can do it in the next 3-4 years, but only with massive inflation. Avatar 2 is not a typical fanboy movie (as many have said already) , so the chances are slim.

Edited by chaos

Well when Spiderman 3 came out I said that the record was going to stay for ATLEAST4 years....I was wrong....although if it wasn't for one tiny film, TDK, I would have been right. I'm going to make another bold prediction though and say TA will hold onto the OW record for ATLEAST 4 years. It's OW attendance is record-breaking (or at least near record breaking) and 3D inflated it like crazy. Even if i am wrong, I'm almost positive it will stay within the top 3 for half a decade, or longer....So i see the record falling sometime in 2015/2016, with a film opening to like 230M...then maybe a film topping that record in 2017 or 2018 with a near 250M OW? It'll be a long time from now, that's for sure....and it'll very likely be a 3D film.

Well when Spiderman 3 came out I said that the record was going to stay for ATLEAST4 years....I was wrong....although if it wasn't for one tiny film, TDK, I would have been right. I'm going to make another bold prediction though and say TA will hold onto the OW record for ATLEAST 4 years.

...and you will be wrong. :)

I'm not even sure that at the current ticket price there's enough theaters to realistically get the 250M OW.Let's look at TA: $47,698 per theater average (4,349 theaters)4 shows in a screen per day (3hrs between showings in a theater)3 days$8 ticket price5 screens at each theater showing the movie$47,698 / (4 * 3 * 5 * $8) = ~99 people per viewing. That's a fairly tall order for an average viewing count. And to get to the 250M we'd need a 20% increase, putting us at 120 people per viewing of the movie.I have a feeling we will need to wait for either enough of an increase in ticket prices, or an increase in population substantial enough to require more theaters to be built.

I'm betting on Justice League to do it or even a Batman/Superman film. Both are huge characters just as big as Spider-Man, and they have more recognition than the Avengers. However, MoS needs to be good.

JL2, Batman would needed to be rebooted. Batman 4 would probably get 250M so after that you would get a TDK type run or an Avengers type run.

JL in 2017 --- MoS crashes, hey start over with Hawkman, Flash, Wonderwoman, a new Green Lantern (all good) and then JL bringing superman back into the fold. That could possibly do it (and most importantly--they do not put batman into it).