Totem

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey OS Thread: OVER 1B WW!

No, people didnt forget the LOTR films.

I agree, they kept releasing Blu-Rays/DVDs through the years have been at CC (whatever thats worth). Its still very relevant. Look at TS3 11 years after TS2 and made 600M+ OS and was never a big OS in the first place.

$1.5bn+ is highly unlikely. Do you mean OS? I was thinking if I saw 1.1B OS here and 400M DOM would be 1.5B WW.

I think this could beat the top grossing film WW this year just with its OS gross though, but that would also be extremely tough. So you are thinking 1.4B+ OS?

900MI heard that there were not many war scenes in Part I.

Did FOTR have too many war scenes? The Hobbit I argument will be quite similar to FOTR's and it did 556 million OS in 2001 (11 years inflation) and with horrible exchange rates (Euro, which today is absolutely sunk, it's about a 33% higher today than in 2001). It's quite safe to say FOTR could have done today 850-900 million OS without 3D and without expanding markets impact. IMHO, 1 billion OS is more locked than 400 DOM for this movie. And I think it can challenge 500 in US... I think many people have forgotten how big LOTR was 10 years ago