Totem

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey OS Thread: OVER 1B WW!

I know this is flawed logic but take it for what you will.DH1 grossed 660m OSDH2 grossed 947m OS a 43.5% increase over DH1.If you apply the same value to ROTK'S 740M you get 1.06B OS.DH2 to DH1 was the final films so it had that advantage, I'm just trying to show that this club is not as easy as it looks, will be tough to reach 1B. The same 43.5% to FOTR would yield a gross of 800m OS, anything above 800m would be fantastic considering it is the first part in 2 films.

I know this is flawed logic but take it for what you will.DH1 grossed 660m OSDH2 grossed 947m OS a 43.5% increase over DH1.If you apply the same value to ROTK'S 740M you get 1.06B OS.DH2 to DH1 was the final films so it had that advantage, I'm just trying to show that this club is not as easy as it looks, will be tough to reach 1B. The same 43.5% to FOTR would yield a gross of 800m OS, anything above 800m would be fantastic considering it is the first part in 2 films.

DH2 was released less than a year after DH1, the Hobbit is being released 9 years after ROTK, a time in which OS markets have grown significantly.
  • Like 2

I know this is flawed logic but take it for what you will.DH1 grossed 660m OSDH2 grossed 947m OS a 43.5% increase over DH1.

Harry Potter released a movie every two years to keep brand awareness high. Even then DH2 sold less tickets that SS. Even if we consider Hobbit movies as part of LOTR franchise, and that is a stretch, there was a 10 year gap - that's long enough for the moviegoing public to forget about Peter Jackson's films.

Harry Potter released a movie every two years to keep brand awareness high. Even then DH2 sold less tickets that SS. Even if we consider Hobbit movies as part of LOTR franchise, and that is a stretch, there was a 10 year gap - that's long enough for the moviegoing public to forget about Peter Jackson's films.

Well there have been plenty of successful sequels, prequels, spin offs that have been released 10 years+ from their last film and still managed to be a success. If you honestly think people have forgotten LOTR you will be sorely mistaken.

PJ will only have himself to blame. What kind of idiot spends 250M to film a bunch of farting dwarfs in 3D?

One who spent 300 million to win 17 Oscar and 2.9 billion in box office with another story of little people who only think about eating and smoking
  • Like 1