Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

I didn't feel fear, but I felt dread during various parts of the film. Horror rarely does that to me anymore. It's all the same shit, but in this case it was different.

It makes the miniseries look like kiddie fare by comparison.

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

No, it wasn't at all. This Pats game is more terrifying than anything in IT.

It wasn't even creepy or disturbing. It was just really awkward.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but I don't agree. There were a couple moments where I felt disturbed even if I wasn't scared (I really don't go to horror movies to be scared anyway). 

Edited by Rman823

23 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

No, it wasn't at all. This Pats game is more terrifying than anything in IT.

It wasn't even creepy or disturbing. It was just really awkward.

I'm totally disagree with you. It's disturbing: not only Pennywise but also relationship with parents (Eddie and his mother who wants keep her child in ugly cacoon; Bev and her father, etc.).

I honestly love this movie so much. I've waited some not bad/good adaptations, but got a great. Happiness.

P.S. It's really has a HUGE Spielberg vibe, but in R-rated wrap (blood, flesh and jokes about penices, menstruation, etc.)

Edited by KeepItU25071906

Fantastic movie. Not very scary except 2 scenes (both with Beverly, especially the blooded bathroom) but gripping and emotional and fun. Kids were all fantastic and super likable, I really hope they go places and don't end up as Where Are They Now fodder like Two Coreys (RIP Corey Haim). 

Removed

Pennywise was terrific too. 

Highly recommendable. We all loved it. The auditorium was sold and we saw a line-up at the exit. :)

trailers: JL and Blade Runner. Neither got any reaction. I think that everyone was just pumped for IT.

Edited by Valonqar

Finn Wolfhard was such a little shit in this movie. He's hilarious. 

Him and Amy Adams' child clone were best in show, though her role has more range than Wolfy's, who for the vast majority of the film is the foul-mouthed comic relief.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

I thought more complaibs from "book's nerds" will be about third act. Most of changes is there.

Without going into spoilers as a book fan I didn't mind changes as I could see certain aspects from the book's ending turning people off as well as not working on screen. Plus it kept me surprised. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Without going into spoilers as a book fan I didn't mind changes as I could see certain aspects from the book's ending turning people off as well as not working on screen. Plus it kept me surprised. 

Yeah, but exist people who hate any change in movies what base on they favorite book.

As a huge Pottet fan (the books and the movies), I have a big war's experience)))). Cause most of J.K.Rowling series fans- hardcore book's nerd indeed.

22 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

adult half spoilers redacted

Please see below Val

12 hours ago, chasmmi said:

This is the Spoiler Thread for the IT movie. 

Please read at your own spoilage risk.

Please do not spoil aspects of the book that could be pertinent to the second part.

Enjoy.

6 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, what's the point of the key around Bev's neck?

Perhaps it'll be getting explained in the second movie. 

I would explain, but book spoilers are forbidden. At least, I think I remember it being mentioned in the novel. Or my memory could be making shit up.

Also, it'll be interesting to see how they handle flashbacks for this in the sequel, since this film seems to have covered pretty much almost everything I can think of and wrapped the childhood portion up nicely. Maybe except for a few things.

1 minute ago, NoobSaibot said:

I would explain, but book spoilers are forbidden. At least, I think I remember it being mentioned in the novel. Or my memory could be making shit up.

Also, it'll be interesting to see how they handle flashbacks for this in the sequel, since this film seems to have covered pretty much almost everything I can think of and wrapped the childhood portion up nicely. Maybe except for a few things.

Mind PM me because I can't remember anything with the key from the novel. 

7 minutes ago, snarkmachine said:

Line of the movie:

"You PUNCHED me in the face, made me walk through SHITTY WATER, dragged me through a CRACKHOUSE.....AND NOW I'M GONNA HAVE TO KILL THIS FUCKING CLOWN."

This got the best reaction at my screening. Wolfhard killed it.