Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

51 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Ben- Bradley Cooper. Make it happen.

that would make sense since he got into shape and everything.  He could be a good get for the next chapter

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Do you know what's really scary? Seeing you pretending to be a Horror fan just because the genre is catching fire without even visiting the Horror topic.

😂

Yeah. I don't think I can find a laughing emoji that will suffice how much of a joke this is. Nor do I really have the time or care to bother responding to an idiotic post that an online user thinks of me.

You win Felicia. You win.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Bev looks like young Amy Adams actually - blue eyes, upturned nose, porcelain skin. 

lillis-sophia-image.jpg729a5d5e8fb608e270d4b886bb2e90ec--warm-s

I know that Adams is not getting the part but morphing is almost seamless. 

Oh my god. Look wise it's spot on.

The young actress who played Bev is going to be special I think. She was the biggest highlight of the film for me.

• Like 2

@K1stpierre She had less to do in the movie than I expcted but damn if she wasn't the most radiant thing ever! Such natural charisma, beauty, charm, likability, talent, chemistry with everyone, everything. whole package. I really hope she and most of the young cast don't disappear just because good roles for their age group are hard to find. look how long it took Saoirse Ronan to start living up to her first Oscar nom promise. Her career was meandering while she was in her teens but once in her 20s she started to find good roles. 

• Like 6

Spoiler

Imagine having adult Audra as Amy Adams

and Adult Bev as Jessica Chastain!

Moderation....I know this is such a small small spoiler but at this point, let's just keep everything about part two that isn't known from part one, out of this thread. :)

Thanks

• Like 1

Well just to add more positive, I liked the little 1989 references everywhere such as the movie marquee keep changing films from Batman to others

Edited by 75livesinDerry
removed possible tiny spoiler from book and maybe the second movie
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

@K1stpierre She had less to do in the movie than I expcted but damn if she wasn't the most radiant thing ever! Such natural charisma, beauty, charm, likability, talent, chemistry with everyone, everything. whole package. I really hope she and most of the young cast don't disappear just because good roles for their age group are hard to find. look how long it took Saoirse Ronan to start living up to her first Oscar nom promise. Her career was meandering while she was in her teens but once in her 20s she started to find good roles. 

She was absolutely perfect, radiant is the best way to describe her. Perfect word.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Add her to the third season of Stranger Things!

btw, did anyone get that horrible mother! trailer about "you'll never forget when you saw this movie",etc,  and "after your movie is over, go buy tickets"?  My crowd laughed at how bad that trailer was :P

not saying the movie is bad or is going to be bad, but that trailer crashed and burned at my showing last night

Edited by 75livesinDerry
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Im with @75livesinDerry

I think those of us who have a really strong connection to the book are going to be disappointed in the film. There are way too many changes that I don't understand and as he said as well they took away the Barons they changed Mike and Ben's character, Henry wasn't anything like he was in the book and there was also a few other changes I wasn't too happy with either. Getting the losers at one point to fight with each other never happens like that in the book and Beverly was never captured in the book never a damsel distress in the book and she was actually the one who had the best shot in the book and she does the most damage to the clown at one point in the book. As a straight-up horror film it was really good. It was scary it was tense and it had some great character development with the kids. But as a book purist the movie definitely let me down.

In reference to Beverly - I initially didn't like this aspect, but after reflecting I am ok with it because I really liked what they did with her otherwise.  She is the strongest character in a lot of ways - saves the 3 boys at Neibolt, isn't scared of IT, helps them get supplies from the store in the beginning, handles her dad, and is the reason they win the rock fight.  Also I thought her sink scene was very well done.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 75livesinDerry said:

btw, did anyone get that horrible mother! trailer about "you'll never forget when you saw this movie",etc,  and "after your movie is over, go buy tickets"?  My crowd laughed at how bad that trailer was :P

not saying the movie is bad or is going to be bad, but that trailer crashed and burned at my showing last night

That's a good trailer. Hyping it up as an #Event

Both Amy Adams and Jessica Chastain would be perfect for Adult Bev:

Sophia Lillis herself has suggested both of these actresses in various interviews when asked 'who could play an adult you in chapter 2?'

lillis-sophia-image.jpg&key=f0cf78fa9488518147.jpgo0534040113137351460.jpg?caw=800

Edited by Tyrian

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That's a good trailer. Hyping it up as an #Event

nope, completely awful and the crowd thought so too.  It didn't hype anything, just looked desperate.  I know the blinders makes it hard to see that for you though, so you're forgiven :P 

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Bev looks like young Amy Adams actually - blue eyes, upturned nose, porcelain skin. 

lillis-sophia-image.jpg729a5d5e8fb608e270d4b886bb2e90ec--warm-s

I know that Adams is not getting the part but morphing is almost seamless. 

She's actually playing a young Adams in Sharp Objects. As a Gillian Flynn fan really looking forward to that adaptation.