Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

The scene with Bev in the bathroom covered in blood reminded me of Carrie, wonder if that intended or not? 

I wasn't keen on the scene of them in their undies at the quarry, I know it's meant to represent innocence but did they all have to have matching tighty whities? 

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

The scene with Bev in the bathroom covered in blood reminded me of Carrie, wonder if that intended or not? 

I wasn't keen on the scene of them in their undies at the quarry, I know it's meant to represent innocence but did they all have to have matching tighty whities? 

What I noticed more the second time or at least I put it together the second viewing, was that the hair coming out to grab Bev, was her own hair that she cut off earlier in the film

I think the blood was more of a female thing with her  buying the feminine hygiene product at the store if you get my drift.  But yes I get how you can see the scenes being familiar. 

As for the tighty whities, being alive in the 80s, we didn't have  lots of options back then so we all mostly had those lol

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

The Georgie scenes are so effective at bringing in the feels. 

Now that you reminded me, I think the basement scene with Pennywise using Georgie as a puppet and then going after Mike was the most "scary " scene 

• Like 1

I actually believe Stan's character could have been well portrayed if he had more to do. But I do believe there was more to him than people suspect at first glance.

He wasn't studying the Torah for his bar mitzvah and he didn't take it seriously at all. Of course, he was also the skeptic when it came to It/Pennywise's activities, and even argued that nothing they saw was real. He took it the hardest when he realized that the things they went through were actually happening. Fast forward to the montage, and he successfully completes his bar mitzvah.

Basically, his lack of belief in It/Pennywise in the beginning reflected a lack of faith in his religion. He was a skeptical type of person who didn't take his studies seriously. At least, that's how I interpreted it...

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 2

Just now, NoobSaibot said:

I actually believe Stan's character could have been well portrayed if he had more to do. But I do believe there was more to him than people suspect at first glance.

He wasn't studying the Torah for his bar mitzvah and he didn't take it seriously at all. Of course, he was also the skeptic when it came to It/Pennywise's activities, and even argued that nothing they saw was real. He took it the hardest when he realized that the things they went through were actually happening. Fast forward to the montage, and he successfully completes his bar mitzvah.

Basically, his lack of believe in It/Pennywise in the beginning reflected a lack of faith in his religion. At least, that's how I interpreted it...

The Bar Mitzah IIRC is a coming of age thing in the Jewish faith and I think Stan's fear is the fear of growing up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The Bar Mitzah IIRC is a coming of age thing in the Jewish faith and I think Stan's fear is the fear of growing up. 

Yeah, I recognized that part. It's just that, coming from that background of being in a religious family and myself being a skeptic (even now), it made sense to me when I saw him go through that stage when his perception of reality was challenged.

Granted, I never saw clowns in the sewers. I just think I saw what they were going for with his character.

Edited by NoobSaibot