Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

3 hours ago, We0uthere said:

I'm pretty sure this is crazy stats for any movie in India, let alone a English horror R rated movie:

DJm7VflUQAAOwcc.jpg

Not true. Forget 1200cr, it made 10cr over 5 days in India.  IT surely crossed 1200cr worldwide.

IT boxoffice daily (DANGAL daily in brackets)

• Day 1: 1.67 (29.8)
  • Day 2: 2.82  (34.8)
  • Day 3: 3.03 (42.4)
  • Day 4: 1.27 (25.7)
  • Day 5: 1.28 (23.1)
  • Total: 10.07 cr

https://www.bollyarena.net/it-box-office-collection-after-5-days-in-india/

But still a decent performance.

Bahuballi2 (all versions/languages) was 2.5-3x bigger than Dangal.

Edited by a2knet

4 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Well it had creepiness and atmosphere. That made it good. 

The movie is quite long, but it doesn't feel that way. 2h 15min just flies by. I wish it had been half an hour or so longer, so we could spend more time with the kids. I also feel the movie was too briskly paced (as most modern horror movies are). A little room to breathe would have made IT more powerful, imo.

39 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

The movie is quite long, but it doesn't feel that way. 2h 15min just flies by. I wish it had been half an hour or so longer, so we could spend more time with the kids. I also feel the movie was too briskly paced (as most modern horror movies are). A little room to breathe would have made IT more powerful, imo.

I think it would have been better if they would have had three movies just like new line dad with Lord of the Rings. But I don't think they had as much confidence in this film as they did with Lord of the Rings. So I agree with you. A longer film or adding a third film could have given us much more time with the losers and allowed us to explore more of the backstory with guys like Ben and Mike and so on

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I think it would have been better if they would have had three movies just like new line dad with Lord of the Rings. But I don't think they had as much confidence in this film as they did with Lord of the Rings. So I agree with you. A longer film or adding a third film could have given us much more time with the losers and allowed us to explore more of the backstory with guys like Ben and Mike and so on

Did you check out the Losers Club section on the movie's main webpage?  It's kind of cool.  

It does give away some scenes that I don't think are in the movie for those that haven't seen it yet

• Like 1

Took crush to see It. Disadvantages: she dislikes horror so she did it very reluctantly (and not just pressure from me only, we HAD to take other people for her to accept), and the movie was less scary than one would want it to be for pure effectiveness. Advantages: she liked It a lot more than expected, and she was onto me - in a damn positive way - all night long through the movie and after. Mission successful :qotd:

Ahem, yeah, btw, It was awesome. Quoting myself from the BO Tracking thread:

Btw, I loved It. Tbf, I may be riding a high for quite a few personal reasons, but the movie itself has quality that even bias would not blind me to. Is it the scariest movie ever made? Hell no, it was more of a dark comedy with some moments of scare variety (but a mostly creepy one, one outright TERRIFYING that made everyone in the theater jump). That creepiness, however, gave the movie a terrific sense of atmosphere, and the script, the cinematography, the soundtrack and especially the cast were all absolutely wonderful. Great, great movie.

•  

No spoilers, but Skarsgard and Finn Wolfhard were my favorite parts of the movie. Though every single Losers Club member was terrifically accomplished.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

Only thing about the movie I disliked was how Mike felt really frivolous over all. He misses all of the character building moments that the other losers get so by the time he joins them he just feels more like someone on the outside then anything else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1