Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I can only hope with Annabelle, Conjuring and now IT, WB start looking to revive Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th (when they get the rights back). 

I'm dying to see a slasher film in cinemas again. Hopefully Halloween is big in October 2018. 

Directed by Mike Flanagan 

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

The vibe I'm getting from some of these reviews (blending very well the scary yet fun and the kids dynamic)...

Kinda like "of Spielberg made a horror pic"

If it's that then it's probably going to be bigger than we imagined, even with the R rating.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, We0uthere said:

Proceed with caution on the RT score, it's currently 23/23, but so was Annabelle Creation.. and it ended up at around a 70%. 

If IT even ends up at 80% that is above my expectation, I was expecting a near Annabelle score. 

Annabelle had a like a 6.5 average though. It is at an 8, not really the same situation

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, We0uthere said:

Proceed with caution on the RT score, it's currently 23/23, but so was Annabelle Creation.. and it ended up at around a 70%. 

If IT even ends up at 80% that is above my expectation, I was expecting a near Annabelle score. 

I'm not sure if so many major trades weighed in on Annabelle at that point though. I think critics are going to like this a lot more due to the kids and the atmosphere. I haven't read a single full review though.

It will drop from 100% though, AP and Village Voice will be negative (at least I think AP will be).

I hope I enjoy it as much as guys like Stuckmann and Perri....they freaking adored it.

Edited by somebody85

I don't think a warning is necessary, everybody already knows that the score will drop. We know the story is only told when a film has 100 reviews at least. And I'll reiterate a 67-68% RT score for a horror movie, especially a prequel to a panned horror film, is good. Most horror films would kill for even that okay RT score. It baffles me that Annabelle's score is looked at as a cautionary tale, as if most horror films don't review horribly. Yes it fell from it's months old 100% score, so what? It's a huge hit that will make near 100mil at the box office, up from it's predecessor.

19 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Maybe now the next time WB takes forever to lift an embargo some folks will realize again that this is simply WB being WB.   It doesn't matter if the movie is good or bad, this is WB. :qotd:

Oh please. If a studio knows it has a winner they try to get the word out sooner. Its not always clear how a movies reception will be with critics.