Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

it was awesome that the audience didn't blink when Georgie's got his ram bit off but when the bad giy (forgot the name) threatened to kill a kitty there were many audible "Oh, no!"'s in the auditorium!  :hi5:

What I love about IT is that Pennywise isn't the real villain but more of a catalyst for the kids to overcome real villains which are mostly their parents (Bev's molester father, Eddie's overbearing mother, etc). Like, if Pennywise didn't snack on Georgie, a car would have done the trick cause who the fuck lets a small child run down the road like that? Seriously? That kid was fucked because his parents had zero parenting skills. 

Greta movie, great story. 

• Like 2

Im with @75livesinDerry

I think those of us who have a really strong connection to the book are going to be disappointed in the film. There are way too many changes that I don't understand and as he said as well they took away the Barons they changed Mike and Ben's character, Henry wasn't anything like he was in the book and there was also a few other changes I wasn't too happy with either. Getting the losers at one point to fight with each other never happens like that in the book and Beverly was never captured in the book never a damsel distress in the book and she was actually the one who had the best shot in the book and she does the most damage to the clown at one point in the book. As a straight-up horror film it was really good. It was scary it was tense and it had some great character development with the kids. But as a book purist the movie definitely let me down.

• Like 6

As someone who never seen the original or read the book, or really know anything at all, i found it pretty scary. Especially the first half. I started to realize in the second half they would all likely survive so it stopped being as scary. Still a fantastically fun horror and all generally well made film.

• Like 1

Richie and Eddie were MVP for me. Bill was a good stoic lead, Bev was lovely and warm. The rest of the gang didn't stand out much though Ben came close but was kind of pushed aside to make room for Bill/Bev romance. 

Stan's creepy painting woman was the scariest thing, she'd scare Pennywise if he met her, lol. 

Edited by Valonqar

Here are my casting suggestions for Part 2:
Bill - Tobey Maguire (face it, WB, this is perfect casting)
Beverly - Jessica Chastain (duh. Ten bucks says she's already signed on for it)
Ben - David Harbour (keeping the Stranger Things connection alive)

Richie - Bill Hader 

Mike - Chadwick Boseman 

Eddie - Ike Barinholtz
Stan - I dunno. Figure it out, WB, I can't do your entire job for you.

33 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Ben should have been just as fleshed out as bill was. He was definitely the co-lead in the book there's no two ways about that.

Agreed. It seemed at first that he would be (meeting with Bev, Derry history, the bullies) but gave way to Bill/Bev even though he was awarded the kiss that brought her back, but that was quickly shrugged off in favor of Bill/Bev goo-goo eyes. I mean, it didn't ruin the movie for me at all but I do remember that he was much bigger player in the book. That role (co-lead) was given to Eddie, methinks, cause he had a lot of screentime plus his own subplot (that another character with omni-presence, Richie, didn't have). 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Truckasaurus said:

Here are my casting suggestions for Part 2:
Bill - Tobey Maguire (face it, WB, this is perfect casting)
Beverly - Jessica Chastain (duh. Ten bucks says she's already signed on for it)
Ben - David Harbour (keeping the Stranger Things connection alive)

Richie - Bill Hader 

Mike - Chadwick Boseman 

Eddie - Ike Barinholtz
Stan - I dunno. Figure it out, WB, I can't do your entire job for you.

Bill- Corey Stoll

Beverly- Jessica Chastain

Ben- Charlie Cox 

Richie- Bill Hader

Mike- Chadwick Boseman

Eddie- Scoot McNairy

Stan- Joseph Gordon Levitt 

2 hours ago, AndyLL said:

Moderation:

Let's be careful of minor spoilers.  That includes information on the plot or characters that hasn't been officially released.  There should be nothing but general reactions in this thread.

Thanks. I never saw or read It before. If everything goes right that changes next Monday. 

8 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Do you know what's really scary? Seeing you pretending to be a Horror fan just because the genre is catching fire without even visiting the Horror topic.

WHY. :sadben:

How does that makes a person more or less of a horror fan for visiting a thread? Am I less of a DC or Marvel fan for not visiting their dedicated boards here too? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Do you know what's really scary? Seeing you pretending to be a Horror fan just because the genre is catching fire without even visiting the Horror topic.

Or you know someone could just have a different opinion

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

WHY. :sadben:

How does that makes a person more or less of a horror fan for visiting a thread? Am I less of a DC or Marvel fan for not visiting their dedicated boards here too? 

how are you fan of a genre and ignore things about it? How convenient long-time fans of the genre appear when IT is breaking records...

11 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I liked the movie but I didn't love it.  It did a lot of things right but it also changed some things or just ignored too much for me to love it.  I'd give it an 8/10 right now but that might go down tomorrow morning.  I think as a movie, it was good but as a massive fan of the book, they just kept too much out of it.

It was scary and they did hit upon a lot of the disturbing stuff with the adults.

I completely understand what you're saying, but with it being a movie it's going to have stuff cut out.

• Like 1