Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

7 hours ago, That One Guy said:

This exact reaction happened at my screening lmao.  Everyone was audibly upset when they picked the cat up.

Did the cat die? Or any other animals? TBH that would upset me the most. I'm cool with anyone else dying in a movie, but leave the pets alone!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

The kids had really sucky parents, Eddie had his overbearing mother, Bev had her abusive dad and Bill's parents weren't exactly great either. 

That's kind of the point.  All the adults are part of the evil of the town. Just look st the skeevy pharmacist, and the adults in the car that just past by as Ben is being attacked by the 3 bullies 

Just now, YourMother said:

Question: when Pennywise was about to be killed and hung onto the well, he was mumbling the same words Bill did earlier in the movie, was he mocking him or actually scared?

I say he was scared. It's why he said fear just before he dropped, as well.  That's my take anyway 

• Like 1

Overall I thought it was really good. 

The only negatives I had was I thought the one Jewish boy(can't remember his name) was kind of weak as a character. His fear wasn't well explained either. 

The other thing was I felt the part where the bully suddenly kills his father kind of came out of left field. There should have been a little better set up for that. 

Everything else i liked. 

• Like 3

You're thinking of Stan. 

Yeah it was a quick nod that he was afraid of the painting. If you notice he's covering his eyes from looking at it before he noticed it is crooked.

But agreed it wasn't throughly explained. 

And the dad thing was touched upon too by no not overly explained either 

Edited by 75livesinDerry
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, junkshop36 said:

Overall I thought it was really good. 

The only negatives I had was I thought the one Jewish boy(can't remember his name) was kind of weak as a character. His fear wasn't well explained either. 

The other thing was I felt the part where the bully suddenly kills his father kind of came out of left field. There should have been a little better set up for that. 

Everything else i liked. 

Henry killing his father wasn't out of the blue, I suspect his father bullied him and IT manipulated him into doing so.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, 75livesinDerry said:

That's kind of the point.  All the adults are part of the evil of the town. Just look st the skeevy pharmacist, and the adults in the car that just past by as Ben is being attacked by the 3 bullies 

The lady on the porch looking at Georgie when he's at the drain and did nothing was noticeable. 

• Like 2

The lady on the porch looking at Georgie when he's at the drain and did nothing was noticeable. 

Yes her too.  Even the librarian was odd to Ben, as well

So yeah it's a way to show the kids are on their own

Projector scene was good but I thought Richie in the room full of clowns was well done. 

The projector scene was the scariest. The clown room was more creepy than scary. I kept waiting for the clowns to move and It wasn't as bad. Was peaking through my fingers for both scenes though.