Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

1 hour ago, ddddeeee said:

The image of Georgie crawling away after losing his arm isn't leaving me for a while.

YES. I was fucking horrified when that happened.

4 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Happy to report that I just got out of my second showing of it and this time I'm pretty much loved it. I allowed myself to go into it and not compare it to the book. And it allowed me to enjoy it so much more.

@75livesinDerry im curious how you felt after your second viewing.

That was me on my first viewing.  Completely disassociated from the book and as such, I loved it.

The scene with Bev and Ben toward the end was super fucking sweet and got great reactions.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Happy to report that I just got out of my second showing of it and this time I'm pretty much loved it. I allowed myself to go into it and not compare it to the book. And it allowed me to enjoy it so much more.

@75livesinDerry im curious how you felt after your second viewing.

Yeah i really liked it to love it now.  going in completely blank and letting the film just be more its own made a huge difference. I may even see it again 

• Like 1

Gosh, I wish I could see this again in theaters but I probably won't have a chance to. While I had my critiques, I really did love the movie. The kids were so fantastic and the story itself is one of the best of all time, imo. The movie is ridiculously entertaining and charming and keeps you on the edge of your seat.

The parts inside the house on Niebolt St were probably my favorite. The splitting up of Bill, Eddie and Richie was so fun and exciting and my audience was losing their shit (I just loved when Eddie was yelling at Richie not to touch him). Also thought Stan's visions of the woman in the picture were incredibly chilling. I thought that was the scariest form Pennywise took in the film. Waiting for the next film is going to be low key torturous.

I think it's the tonal shifts that make this movie so memorable.

It goes from predestrian after school special to The Exorcist level disturbing on a dime.

This forces you to pay close attention and drags you in which ultimately heightens the impact.

Plus there's enough nightmare fuel to be compelling to even the most cynical and hardened movie goer.

I love it when the studios aim for the fences and hit a homerun. Everybody wins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just got back from the cinema, my reaction.......

I thought it was more goonies than friday the 13th.

Not scary at all.

I think I prefered Annabella.

I loved everything with the kids, but I honestly hated Pennywise. I never found him to be scary or intimidating, and the CGI used on him took me right out of the movie. 

I went to go see it again today, but every screening was sold out. Maybe that was for the best.

the projection room scene when the clown popped out in that dark ass garage was the FUCKING scariest part of the movie JKSDGNDSJGNKJFDSNGJ its mandatory to see that shit with a friend bc WHEW the entire theater was like

like that shit was CHAOTIC gorls nnnnnnnnnnnnnn

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, That One Guy said:

This exact reaction happened at my screening lmao.  Everyone was audibly upset when they picked the cat up.

Did the cat die? Or any other animals? TBH that would upset me the most. I'm cool with anyone else dying in a movie, but leave the pets alone!

• Like 1

Just now, Frozen said:

Did the cat die? Or any other animals? TBH that would upset me the most. I'm cool with anyone else dying in a movie, but leave the pets alone!

No.  Henry's dad came out and stopped him.

• Like 2

The kids had really sucky parents, Eddie had his overbearing mother, Bev had her abusive dad and Bill's parents weren't exactly great either. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Question: when Pennywise was about to be killed and hung onto the well, he was mumbling the same words Bill did earlier in the movie, was he mocking him or actually scared?

Both?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

The kids had really sucky parents, Eddie had his overbearing mother, Bev had her abusive dad and Bill's parents weren't exactly great either. 

That's kind of the point.  All the adults are part of the evil of the town. Just look st the skeevy pharmacist, and the adults in the car that just past by as Ben is being attacked by the 3 bullies 

Just now, YourMother said:

Question: when Pennywise was about to be killed and hung onto the well, he was mumbling the same words Bill did earlier in the movie, was he mocking him or actually scared?

I say he was scared. It's why he said fear just before he dropped, as well.  That's my take anyway 

• Like 1

Overall I thought it was really good. 

The only negatives I had was I thought the one Jewish boy(can't remember his name) was kind of weak as a character. His fear wasn't well explained either. 

The other thing was I felt the part where the bully suddenly kills his father kind of came out of left field. There should have been a little better set up for that. 

Everything else i liked. 

• Like 3

You're thinking of Stan. 

Yeah it was a quick nod that he was afraid of the painting. If you notice he's covering his eyes from looking at it before he noticed it is crooked.

But agreed it wasn't throughly explained. 

And the dad thing was touched upon too by no not overly explained either 

Edited by 75livesinDerry
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, junkshop36 said:

Overall I thought it was really good. 

The only negatives I had was I thought the one Jewish boy(can't remember his name) was kind of weak as a character. His fear wasn't well explained either. 

The other thing was I felt the part where the bully suddenly kills his father kind of came out of left field. There should have been a little better set up for that. 

Everything else i liked. 

Henry killing his father wasn't out of the blue, I suspect his father bullied him and IT manipulated him into doing so.

• Like 3