Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

Yeah Finn Wolfhard really knocked it out of the park playing Richie he was totally a different character as opposed to his role in Stranger Things. My favorite speech from him was when Pennywise was holding Bill Captive and he's like well Bill this is ur Fault, you punched me in the face, made me walk in shit water, took me to a crack house and now I got to kill thie Effing clown. 

Also I really don't think Henry is dead we never heard a thud and we really don't know where that well really went plus we never saw a body. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SuperBatman said:

Yeah Finn Wolfhard really knocked it out of the park playing Richie he was totally a different character as opposed to his role in Stranger Things. My favorite speech from him was when Pennywise was holding Bill Captive and he's like well Bill this is ur Fault, you punched me in the face, made me walk in shit water, took me to a crack house and now I got to kill thie Effing clown. 

Also I really don't think Henry is dead we never heard a thud and we really don't know where that well really went plus we never saw a body. 

It'd be pretty dumb if he survived a fall like that. It did not look like the type of accident you walk away from. Boy was ragdolling all the way down that well.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, aabattery said:

It'd be pretty dumb if he survived a fall like that. It did not look like the type of accident you walk away from. Boy was ragdolling all the way down that well.

I'm curious to see how they explain his survival in the sequel. That well seemed like it was deep af

The fate of Henry Bowers was by far my biggest question mark leaving the film. If he doesn't come back, that will change a lot about part 2. I have faith in how they'll handle it but I am really really curious as to what they'll do. I suppose we'll know something if someone is cast as an adult Henry.

7 hours ago, Chaz said:

I loved everything with the kids, but I honestly hated Pennywise. I never found him to be scary or intimidating, and the CGI used on him took me right out of the movie. 

I went to go see it again today, but every screening was sold out. Maybe that was for the best.

The only odd CGI bit I noticed was the headless man in the library.

anyway, people complain too much about VFX, its only meant to move the storyline along in a story driven movie. I didn't see anything wrong with it at all.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

It wouldn't have been able to get around if the town hadn't built such a massively over-engineered sewerage system for a town of that size. 

They needed something extreme to handle the extra loads from people shitting themselves when they see Pennywise.

• Haha 1

Open question:

With the films opening weekend blowing up - making shit tons of money and quickly becoming the 'once in a generation horror film event' - i'd imagine Warner Bros executives will quickly be seeing the $$$ and wondering whether they could give audiences more IT than just Chapter 2.

Studios did it with the final Harry Potter film, twilight film, hunger games, hobbit etc. Like it or not - we all know the power of the $$$.

So my question is this: Is there enough material in the novel, that hasnt been fleshed out in Chapter 1, that could potentially be split into two and form a workable BASIS for 2 movies (with creative liberties taken in filling in or fleshing them out if needed etc): Chapter 2 and Chapter 3?

And secondly - is it possible/conceivable that, with all this attention on IT once again - that Stephen King himself is inspired to create new stories / a new novel etc for future adaptation to film? Whether he just writes a novel, or is inspired to provide more ideas for future IT stories that could be used in future films etc

Do you guys think WB is seeing $$$ and wondering whether they could milk even more out of IT - long term - than just killing their new Cash Cow with Chapter 2?

Edited by Tyrian