Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

Oh, and the film earned extra points for me for using XTC's Dear God. Such a great band and song.

• Thanks 1

Fuck did it gross me out when they touched their bloody hands together. Yuck.

This was okay. Soft 7/10 from me. Wasn't really scary at all but dancing Pennywise did make me laugh really hard.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2017 at 11:22 AM, Jonwo said:

Does it end on a cliffhanger or just allude to part 2?

It ends by showing the title card again and saying "chapter one"

3 hours ago, cheesypoofs said:

So is Henry really dead? That kinda threw me off

He would have to be.  I don't see how he would survive that fall.

5 hours ago, YourMother said:

I really liked Richie in the movie.

I did too. He was probably my favorite

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Projector scene was good but I thought Richie in the room full of clowns was well done. 

I was really happy that Pennywise said "beep beep Richie" during that scene. I was really hoping to hear that line in the movie

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

He would have to be.  I don't see how he would survive that fall.

Hm. I've never read the book, so would the mini series be more accurate when it comes to his characters fate?

Yeah Finn Wolfhard really knocked it out of the park playing Richie he was totally a different character as opposed to his role in Stranger Things. My favorite speech from him was when Pennywise was holding Bill Captive and he's like well Bill this is ur Fault, you punched me in the face, made me walk in shit water, took me to a crack house and now I got to kill thie Effing clown. 

Also I really don't think Henry is dead we never heard a thud and we really don't know where that well really went plus we never saw a body. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SuperBatman said:

Yeah Finn Wolfhard really knocked it out of the park playing Richie he was totally a different character as opposed to his role in Stranger Things. My favorite speech from him was when Pennywise was holding Bill Captive and he's like well Bill this is ur Fault, you punched me in the face, made me walk in shit water, took me to a crack house and now I got to kill thie Effing clown. 

Also I really don't think Henry is dead we never heard a thud and we really don't know where that well really went plus we never saw a body. 

It'd be pretty dumb if he survived a fall like that. It did not look like the type of accident you walk away from. Boy was ragdolling all the way down that well.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, aabattery said:

It'd be pretty dumb if he survived a fall like that. It did not look like the type of accident you walk away from. Boy was ragdolling all the way down that well.

I'm curious to see how they explain his survival in the sequel. That well seemed like it was deep af

5 hours ago, YourMother said:

In my opinion, The scariest scene was the projector one.

Eh. I liked it up until Pennywise turned into a mini-Godzilla :lol:

• Like 2

The fate of Henry Bowers was by far my biggest question mark leaving the film. If he doesn't come back, that will change a lot about part 2. I have faith in how they'll handle it but I am really really curious as to what they'll do. I suppose we'll know something if someone is cast as an adult Henry.

7 hours ago, Chaz said:

I loved everything with the kids, but I honestly hated Pennywise. I never found him to be scary or intimidating, and the CGI used on him took me right out of the movie. 

I went to go see it again today, but every screening was sold out. Maybe that was for the best.

The only odd CGI bit I noticed was the headless man in the library.

anyway, people complain too much about VFX, its only meant to move the storyline along in a story driven movie. I didn't see anything wrong with it at all.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

The image of Georgie crawling away after losing his arm isn't leaving me for a while.

I agree that was upsetting and got some audible gasps and awwwww in my viewing...especially as he screams for his brother when he's dragged down.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cheesypoofs said:

Hm. I've never read the book, so would the mini series be more accurate when it comes to his characters fate?

Cant say. :)

It wouldn't have been able to get around if the town hadn't built such a massively over-engineered sewerage system for a town of that size. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

It wouldn't have been able to get around if the town hadn't built such a massively over-engineered sewerage system for a town of that size. 

They needed something extreme to handle the extra loads from people shitting themselves when they see Pennywise.

• Haha 1