Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

18 minutes ago, weresweresweres said:

In 7 th week It will earn around 4.6 mln and Sm:h earned 6.3 mln, after that Sm:H added another 17.5 mln, if IT will earn 12.77 mln (4,6:6,3*17.5) it will finish over 334, slightly over SM:H. 

i think legs post an expansion are not particularly strong and big drops follow quickly. so for IT to have similar multiplier to SMH off an expansion weekend will be tough. also the halloween date will itself inflate this weekend (even ignoring the expansion) so quick drops will follow imo. Thor3 is also just around the corner.

4 hours ago, a2knet said:

i think legs post an expansion are not particularly strong and big drops follow quickly. so for IT to have similar multiplier to SMH off an expansion weekend will be tough. also the halloween date will itself inflate this weekend (even ignoring the expansion) so quick drops will follow imo. Thor3 is also just around the corner.

Remember that sm:h started his run during summer, so they had really good weekdays, but soon with their september's numbers sm:h wouldn't be able to catch up between Mon-Thur more than 200-300k, so who will win box office battle will be determined on weekend, and I agree with you that It will have big drops, but sm:h also had big drops ( more than 42.5% on weekend 10,12,13,14,16).

46 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

imagine this.  A spinoff It show on Netflix chronicling one of Pennywises reigns during a time period in Derry.  This concept is worth so much $$.  

I dig it. But make it different seasons set in different time periods of Pennywise's reign of terror, showing the gradual increase of apathy towards the children in Derry.

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Is anyone else still in as much shock and awe as me at how well this movie did?

Yes, for sure.  Before the days of trailer views, we would of had no way of knowing how well this was going to do.  Can you imagine the shock it would have been to all of us when this things opened north of 100 million?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Somewhat related, but a recent YT video by Lindsay Ellis popped up talking about It, Stranger Things, and nostalgia. I'm just putting it here because it's both super entertaining, and I love Ellis' videos.

Deconstructive nostalgia all the way!