Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

3 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I don't think this will be very big at all... That is, unless, it's truly incredible.

Well, you can't ignore the noise it's making on social media right now.  The trailer views are almost record breaking.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i don't see why this would move. there's probably gonna be some shifting but right now there's like nothing interesting or anything that seems like it'll make a dent for like 3 weeks before and after this opens.

Since there is a lot of hype it might not be a bad idea to take advantage of summer days and Labor Day 

26 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

If it's anything like it was with the Batman movie people are probably predicting like 150 mill OW for that Ninjango movie by now for no reason whatsoever. 

IT and Ninjago aren't targeting the same audience at all, though, so I don't see why that would make a difference. Both could do very well.

1 minute ago, Eevin said:

IT and Ninjago aren't targeting the same audience at all, though, so I don't see why that would make a difference. Both could do very well.

I know. I was just kidding. By release weekend me and Coolio were the only ones predicting like 55 for the Lego Batman movie and everyone else was predicting like 90 million and shit and calling it a huge flop. They're obviously targeting different audiences. And that post-Labor Day date has worked good in the past. IDK, this thing doesn't scream summer release to me.

8 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I know. I was just kidding. By release weekend me and Coolio were the only ones predicting like 55 for the Lego Batman movie and everyone else was predicting like 90 million and shit and calling it a huge flop. They're obviously targeting different audiences. And that post-Labor Day date has worked good in the past. IDK, this thing doesn't scream summer release to me.

Exactly. I think Split and Get Out have proven that people will go to see a movie if they want to, regardless of its release date.

1 minute ago, Eevin said:

Exactly. I think Split and Get Out have proven that people will go to see a movie if they want to, regardless of its release date.

Absolutely. Thing is, I HIGHLY doubt this gets reception close to Split or either Conjuring, obviously much less Get Out. The production troubles and quotes like what Stingray shared make me think this movie is gonna be kinda ass. Hell, the trailer is stylish, but if it wasn't such a famous property, it'd just like Sinister 3 and shit. Stephen King movies/TV shows that don't get what make Stephen King books great tend to suck.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the only other thing this guy directed was Mama which i personally thought was straight up trash.

IMO mama was better than it looked from the trailers, but not nearly as good as reviews said

• Like 1

• Community Manager
38 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Absolutely. Thing is, I HIGHLY doubt this gets reception close to Split or either Conjuring, obviously much less Get Out. The production troubles and quotes like what Stingray shared make me think this movie is gonna be kinda ass. Hell, the trailer is stylish, but if it wasn't such a famous property, it'd just like Sinister 3 and shit. Stephen King movies/TV shows that don't get what make Stephen King books great tend to suck.

Counterpoint: The Shining. :ph34r:

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

94M views on Facebook, plus 13M on YT.

That's only behind, F8, BATB, FDS, TFA.

The fact that a Horror movie joined this list says a lot. Madness.

Not saying it's going to happen (most likely won't) but imagine if IT had something like a $70-75 million OW. Legs would probably be crap but still. 

1 hour ago, RandomJC said:

I'm still curious how the ending of the trailer scared anyone... It looked like a wet dog shaking itself dry...

It was the shot of him rising up from the water with that creepy stare that was pure nightmare fuel.

9 hours ago, The Stingray said:

I am slightly worried about the reasons former director Cary Fukunaga gives as to why he left the project:

"In the first movie, what I was trying to do was an elevated horror film with actual characters. They didn’t want any characters. They wanted archetypes and scares. I wrote the script. They wanted me to make a much more inoffensive, conventional script. But I don’t think you can do proper Stephen King and make it inoffensive."

I'm guessing he wanted to embrace the more fucked up parts of the book (like that infamous scene, which was never, ever going to be even filmed, not with actual child actors in the parts and their parents close by every day on set) and they said "nope."