baumer

Weekend Estimates pg 60 Mad3 60.3 Prom 50.0

I'm not sure if calling you optimistic for TA was supporting. Pretty sure you're the only one "liking" BKB's troll posts and was taking a piss at the TDKR club. I called a spade, a spade.And no I didnt use the term overzealous, I said you were a bit overboard, thats it. No need to twist it into something else and act like a victim.

Bull shit, you're making stuff up. Give me one BKB troll post I liked.

Sunday looking to have some impovement on Prom MIB3 & TA, MAD3 down, Prom 13.5-14, Mad3 16.5-17, SWATH around 6.8, MIB3 3.8, TA 3.3

Thanks, you're the best. Edited by druv10

Sunday looking to have some impovement on Prom MIB3 & TA, MAD3 down, Prom 13.5-14, Mad3 16.5-17, SWATH around 6.8, MIB3 3.8, TA 3.3

Big jump for Prometheus from the estimates. They may very well have underestimated Saturday too so Prometheus may increase by nearly 1.5 million when actuals are out. Same for SW&TH. Estimates were 6.1 .If actuals are 6.8 million then it is quite possible it had a bigger saturday and it may finish with 23.5-24 million weekend.

RTX was using other R rated movies in the summer and they had drops of less than 20%. So he knew what he was talking about this time.

RTX was using other R rated movies in the summer and they had drops of less than 20%. So he knew what he was talking about this time.

I think what happened was "a boy who cried wolf". His credibility has taken a hit because of TA so when he was right nobody took him seriously.

Yes. True.Amazing what happens when you use historical data to make your point instead of bullshit personal agenda. :)

• Like 2

Good for Promtheus, should pass 50m then, just.Madagascar under 60m if 16.5-17m range is right.

Thanks much

That's around 15% drop on Sunday for Prometheus.Prometheus is performing like an R rated film should: a drop on Saturday, followed by a very strong Sunday hold. Excluding midnights number its holds over the weekend has been identical to District 9 - a very good sign.
  • Like 2

As a person who has been consistently predicting lower but respectable numbers I can't understand all the dissapointment on Prometheus' box office performance. 50M+ OW is freaking great for what this is. 70M was always quite out there. Prometheus is doing great. It was frontloaded but we should've known it would be.

Prometheus behaved exactly like an R-rated summer film has behaved in the past. So it's a great opening.

Still think Prometheus' actuals get it under $50M.

Has RTH ever been wrong when posting numbers that late before? If his range is correct and even at the lowest end, then we need the other estimates to be off by like 1M for it to fall under 50M. Seems unlikely based on his strong reputation and the fact that he gave us a range.

Well, if Prom's Sunday was indeed underestimated this bodes pretty well for it. I mean Watchmen dropped further 33% on its first Sunday. If Prom's drop was below 20% than comparing it to that movie could prove unjustified after all.

Well, if Prom's Sunday was indeed underestimated this bodes pretty well for it. I mean Watchmen dropped further 33% on its first Sunday. If Prom's drop was below 20% than comparing it to that movie could prove unjustified after all.

If that Sunday hold is true than it bodes very well for it's legs.

Still think Prometheus' actuals get it under $50M.

Naaaa...the Sunday number was over too low. RTX used the IB, D9 and Expndbls Sunday drop to ascertain that Prom would drop by less than 20%.