baumer

Weekend Estimates pg 60 Mad3 60.3 Prom 50.0

Prometheus: R-rated sci-fi thriller

X-men: PG-13 comic-book action

Inception: PG-13 sci-fi thriller, Nolan himself has a lot of fanboys, they even have a website of their own.

If Prometheus drops on Saturday, it will be mostly due to R rating, but it should get an excellent Monday hold.

Um, Summer?

• Founder / Operator

Yeah...I had 185m for this, so I need it to sprout legs to at least 165. Still, even in that case, XFC is a better comparison film than a film that made nearly 300m.

http://boxofficemojo...y&id=wanted.htmBest comparison to go on right now, IMHO.Worst case scenario:http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=avp.htm:P Edited by ShawnMR

It's silly to compare Prometheus to Watchmen or GL. Comic book flicks are niche and very frontloaded by their nature. Only the best of them manage to hit 3x multiplier. Prometheus could potentially do much better than that.

My post was to show that PROMETHEUS isn't bad.

My post was to show that PROMETHEUS isn't bad.

Even if Prometheus was pretty bad (which it's not) it would still get better legs than Watchmen. There is no point comparing sci-fi and comic book movies. You might as well compare it to Twilight. lol

How is the Bourne Legacy being lowballed and by whom? I haven't seen much on it one way or another. TASM well, it's being lowballed somewhat. But it's hard to say since all of the threads are a mess. And by the way, where have you been hiding? :D

boxoffice.com is only expecting a 40 M opening. I've been very busy these days.

Even if Prometheus was pretty bad (which it's not) it would still get better legs than Watchmen. There is no point comparing sci-fi and comic book movies. You might as well compare it to Twilight. lol

What finish do you expect?

Just as TA is a positive phenomenon, Watchmen was a negative phenomenon. It was a good movie with horrible legs not because people thought it was going to be better, but because people thought it was going to be different. Comparing any film to Watchmen is a pointless venture, IMO.

Just as TA is a positive phenomenon, Watchmen was a negative phenomenon. It was a good movie with horrible legs not because people thought it was going to be better, but because people thought it was going to be different. Comparing any film to Watchmen is a pointless venture, IMO.

That "positive phenomenon" will fail to hit 3x multiplier, which Prometheus can do even with its mixed WOM. Comic book flicks are in a league of their own in terms of frontloading and fanboy rush factor.

This weekend crushed last year's comparable weekend. TWO 50 M-openers on one weekend, it's a new record by the way, doesn't deserve a meh.

Nah... What you implied was not the gross. But the fact that there's 2 50M openers. Dont make excuses. You just didnt do your research.

That "positive phenomenon" will fail to hit 3x multiplier, which Prometheus can do even with its mixed WOM. Comic book flicks are in a league of their own in terms of frontloading and fanboy rush factor.

You really don't know what your talking about.
  • Like 1

I hope you're right. But there are plenty of examples of non-"comic book flicks" not hitting a 3 multi.Just in Sci-Fi:Resident Evil(All of them)Alien 3Alien ResurrectionAVPCloverfieldPredators

Nah... What you implied was not the gross. But the fact that there's 2 50M openers. Dont make excuses. You just didnt do your research.

Thank you for the rudeness. Filipino ka pa naman. WALL-E and WANTED has held the record for 4 years. Now that PROMETHEUS and MADAGASCAR: EMW also opened to 50 M each, the only way to say it's a new record is to compare the combined grosses of the two pairs. The combined gross of PROMETHEUS and M: EMW is bigger that's why I said it's a new record. Lawakan ang isipan. Subukang umunawa. Sayang ang utak. Nasa boxofficemojo na ako 2006 pa lang. Gumawa ako ng thread asking kung anong pair ang magbabasag ng WALL-E/WANTED record kaya huwag mo akong sasabihang hindi ako nag-research.

I hope you're right. But there are plenty of examples of non-"comic book flicks" not hitting a 3 multi.Just in Sci-Fi:Resident Evil(All of them)Alien 3Alien ResurrectionAVPCloverfieldPredators

With the exception of Cloverfield, all of these flicks were utter trash, and Cloverfield was for teenagers. The worst sci-fi flick still has better legs than Watchmen. lol