lab276

The Universal Thread | Dreamworks Animation seeing layoffs, set to outsource their work

01.17 RIDE ALONG

02.14 ENDLESS LOVE

02.28 NON-STOP

03.21 STRETCH

05.09 NEIGHBORS

05.30 A MILLION WAYS TO DIE IN THE WEST

06.20 THE PURGE ll

08.01 GET ON UP

08.08 LUCY

08.29 THE LOFT

09.12 SEARCH PARTY

10.17 DRACULA UNTOLD

11.14 DUMB AND DUMBER TO

12.25 UNBROKEN

That's a weak slate. 2015 is insane though.

Fast 7

Jurassic Park

Ted 2

Minions

Untitled Bourne Legacy 2

Cyber

Seventh Son

Crazy big.

Can't forget Huntsman 2.

Will be in the top 3 again for sure.

Disney #1

WB #2

Battle for #3 between PAR/UNI.

Sony #4 (last).

FOX could be #3 as well, no? Alvin 4, KFP3 both as December releases, Peanuts and 2 other animated movies. The race for #3 will be fierce.

Since the final entry in The Hobbit trilogy, There and Back Again, is set to hit theaters in Decmeber 2014, one wonders just when we’ll see a second Tintin movie – Jackson’s comments are a signal that it’s happening, but it seems unlikely that the nuanced, detailed VFX work needed to flesh out the motion-capture performances could really be finished by then, given that there is no indication of a timetable for shooting exists.

Since the final entry in The Hobbit trilogy, There and Back Again, is set to hit theaters in Decmeber 2014, one wonders just when we’ll see a second Tintin movie – Jackson’s comments are a signal that it’s happening, but it seems unlikely that the nuanced, detailed VFX work needed to flesh out the motion-capture performances could really be finished by then, given that there is no indication of a timetable for shooting exists.

Thats from the website (their opinion). The fact: As soon as I’m free of ‘The Hobbit’, I’ll be going back into doing ‘Tintin.’ It was held up by ‘The Hobbit’, but we have every intention of doing another Tintin movie and it’s just waiting on me to be done with these ‘Hobbit’ movies. This came from Jackson. So looking at this a Christmas 2015 date is possible.

They really should push one of these back... I don't see why they'd put two R-rated comedies with big box office potential so close to each other.

Especially with Blended in the middle.Neighbors is fine though, it's first and is getting good press. That's primed to break out.The second though...dunno...it's funny, really funny but not sure the subject matter and Seth starring will encourage a huge opening. But...it's funny.

Thats from the website (their opinion). The fact: As soon as I’m free of ‘The Hobbit’, I’ll be going back into doing ‘Tintin.’ It was held up by ‘The Hobbit’, but we have every intention of doing another Tintin movie and it’s just waiting on me to be done with these ‘Hobbit’ movies. This came from Jackson. So looking at this a Christmas 2015 date is possible.

I'm not even sure (if it gets made) if it'll survive December 2015.

I'm not even sure (if it gets made) if it'll survive December 2015.

From a studio suit perspective it really doesn't make sense to make it...but if it's truly Jackson/Spielberg pet project hey it might still happen.I'd like to see another...the first was surprisingly entertaining.

From a studio suit perspective it really doesn't make sense to make it...but if it's truly Jackson/Spielberg pet project hey it might still happen.I'd like to see another...the first was surprisingly entertaining.

Made roughly 3.5X its budget.

Made roughly 3.5X its budget.

It's one of those things where the first film did well enough, but not sure it garnered enough good will to justify a sequel, especially this long after the first.Even though it should it was good. Hoepfully people remember. Granted, it's strongest international territories are good return territories(France, Uk) so that works in its favor. US underperformed though, though I suppose it's understandable...not a known US brand. Edited by kowhite