Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

Gravity, while an amazing theatre going experience, is not an amazing movie.

^^^ Agreed I think its the closest to semi sort of Avatar experience , not quite but definitely shocked me at the claustrophobic effect using the 3D and how you really felt you were there with them.. Reminded how much I miss the whole escape into a new world , music and spirtual energy feeling when I saw Juggernaut 2009 even more after seeing Gravity man..

Definitely the movie itself was lackluster especially that horrible ending! WTF?!

• Like 2

^^^ Agreed I think its the closest to semi sort of Avatar experience , not quite but definitely shocked me at the claustrophobic effect using the 3D and how you really felt you were there with them.. Reminded how much I miss the whole escape into a new world , music and spirtual energy feeling when I saw Juggernaut 2009 even more after seeing Gravity man..

Definitely the movie itself was lackluster especially that horrible ending! WTF?!

Despite the amazing visuals and the short running time, I was bored for half the movie. Its a superbly made far fetched shitty movie, but it had some amazing shots.

Gravity surely is 100% overrated. Some members here are hilarious, treating it like the second birth of Jesus. It succeeded only because of the amazing 3D (yet many folks here are actually 3D haters while they rave for Gravity to hell ... how hilarious) but the character setting is so cliche. Movie will fade remarkably in a few years. Someone got to teach Cuaron how to do storytelling and write characters.

Edited by firedeep
  • Like 3

Gravity surely is 100% overrated. Some members here are hilarious, treating it like the second birth of Jesus. It succeeded only because of the amazing 3D (yet many folks here are actually 3D haters while they rave for Gravity to hell ... how hilarious) but the character setting is so cliche. Movie will fade remarkably in a few years. Someone got to teach Cuaron how to do storytelling and write characters.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about Gravity but that's complete horseshit. Cuaron already demonstrated in the past he could write a great script, great characters and be a very good storyteller. He doesn't need any lessons from anyone on that matter. He's not Zack Snyder or Brett Ratner. Have you ever seen Children Of Men and Y Tu Mama Tambien before saying such things?

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 8

Just talking about Gravity. Pure CG and 3D tricks, nothing else.

It's a thrill ride. Speed in space. Doesn't need to be anything else, imo. In fact, I think it would have been better off without the 'astronaut on his final mission/astronaut on her first mission + lost her daughter' details.

• Like 1

Posted Image

No idea how unpopular they are, but worth a try, i guess.

Disney's Frozen is the best movie of all time. It deserves an Oscar for a best picture, sound, screenplay and all awards it can get, really. While there were great movies last year or ever, none of them close to this masterpiece. But i may be an obsessed crazy person, so you may not pay much attention to my ramblings.

Jumper is a great movie with an entertaining story, action and characters. It deserves much more attention than people pay it.

National Treasure 1 is one of the best adventure movies of all time, easily on par with Indiana Jones series. And also the best role of Nicolas Cage.

Hobbit is better than Lord of the Rings.

Scream is the best horror/horror-comedy movie of all time. Sequels weren't as good.

Cameron's Avatar is the perfect movie. It may not be the best, but it's perfect at what it is. All it's components worked amazingly well for some unforgettable experience.

Edited by portgas
  • Like 1

No idea how unpopular they are, but worth a try, i guess. Disney's Frozen is the best movie of all time. It deserves an Oscar for a best picture, sound, screenplay and all awards it can get, really. While there were great movies last year or ever, none of them close to this masterpiece. But i may be an obsessed crazy person, so you may not pay much attention to my ramblings. Jumper is a great movie with an entertaining story, action and characters. It deserves much more attention than people pay it. National Treasure 1 is one of the best adventure movies of all time, easily on par with Indiana Jones series. And also the best role of Nicolas Cage. Hobbit is better than Lord of the Rings. Scream is the best horror/horror-comedy movie of all time. Sequels weren't as good. Cameron's Avatar is the perfect movie. It may not be the best, but it's perfect at what it is. All it's components worked amazingly well for some unforgettable experience.

There is a 2014 box office awards topic in a few of my favourite things forum. The deadline is in 4 days but please help by boosti frozen in the categories you have mentioned so frozen can get more nominations