Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

American Hustle is an infinitely superior film to Wolf of Wall Street (probably not an unpopular opinion outside of the Internet but oh well)

I pretty much think it's an unpopular opinion outside the internet, too. General Audience prefers Wolf.

How did you come to that conclusion?

i know a few people who have seen both and they said they liked WOWS better. I think the only reason WOWS isn't as successful business wise is because of the questionable content in it. Overseas though WOWS is going to annihilate AH

Edited by John Marston

How did you come to that conclusion?

Well, let's start off with the box office.

American Hustle leads that category with around 20 million If I'm not mistaken.

Let's look at some sites:IMDB: 71K votes/7.8 vs 114K votes/8.5

Metacritic: 7.8 (User score) vs 8.0 (User score)

RT: 80% (Audience Score) vs 82% (Audience Score)

It's something because, despite having made less from Box Office, Wolf of The Wall Street still managed to gain more votes and a higher grade on IMDB. You cannot really say it's star power related or anything because American Hustle leads in that category.

The score in favor of Wolf Of The Wall Street on meta critic (despite being behind in critics score) also suggests General Audience loves it more than critics just as it suggests that American Hustle is loved less by General Audience than by critics.

Same goes with RT. Huge disadvantage for Wolf which is at 77% while American Hustle is at around 90%, yet Wolf leads the User Score. We've also seen that most people around here chose Wolf over American Hustle.

I think it's kinda safe to say General Audience also loves Wolf more than American Hustle. Maybe not by much more, but they still do.