Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

I personally prefer ANOES, but I too think NN is better.

ANOES is brilliant but near the end Craven loses control of the world he created. He establishes Freddy has no powers in the real world only for him to disappear into a mattress for example. The rope is there when Nancy come into the prison cell to see Ron hanged, the rules prior to this dictate, as far as Nancy and co were concerned, Ron should have been hanging in the air, no rope. The ending is also obligatory and nonsensical.

NN is really clever and original, hard to believe it's the seventh movie in a franchise. Craven's a lot better at confining himself to the world he creates too.

I watched Elm Street 1 last week (hadn't seen it in over 10 years), and imo it does not hold up very well. I love '80s cheesiness (I mean, who doesn't?), but it certainly made the slashers of that time a lot less scary. New Nightmare is a more confident and mature effort. Also, in the fun department I think Dream Warriors got Elm Street 1 beat.

Edited by The Stingray

I actually like both movies. Not only that, but I find the Da Vinci Code to be the better movie. 

Go figure. Well Da Vinci has its moments I suppose and anything with Sir Ian Mckellan in it can't be all bad so I'll retract the train-wreck statement  :lol:   But still for me I much prefer A&Ds although I also thought that the book was far superior so maybe it's just the overall story I enjoyed more rather than the actual execution of the film adaptation.

• Like 1