TLK

Weekend Estimates: TMB @ 13M, PROM @ 20.2M, ROA @ 15M, MAD3 @ 35.5M

Haha. It's definitely a shitty hotel. The room is nicer than I expected judging from the outside though. And the pool was good.

Haha. Who cares right? It's Vegas baby. FMPRO is headed there next week. First time ever in the states.

For the weekend? How could it not?

I want to see how low it will go. It probably will get there safely but it sure is interesting to see the mighty fall.
  • Like 1

I want to see how low it will go. It probably will get there safely but it sure is interesting to see the mighty fall.

Sandler better grab himself a Shrek or he's going to become a (even worse) mirror image of Eddie Murphy. Former SNL/stand up comic, found initial success in film and then began a streak of releasing absolute dreck. Murphy might have more "Norbit"s and "1000 Words" and that movie where the tiny aliens were using an Eddie Murphy spaceship (can't even remember that movie's title). But Sandler is doing his damnedest to catch up in the stinkers department. Edited by MagnetMan

Haha. Who cares right? It's Vegas baby. FMPRO is headed there next week. First time ever in the states.

I loove it. Back at my room now for a nap before we go out tonight considering I get up for my flight at 4am EST and it's now 9pm Vegas time with no sleep. Already spent too much money. The $400 cash I took out wont last past tomorrow at this rate! Thank god I'm leaving Monday :lol:

I loove it. Back at my room now for a nap before we go out tonight considering I get up for my flight at 4am EST and it's now 9pm Vegas time with no sleep. Already spent too much money. The $400 cash I took out wont last past tomorrow at this rate! Thank god I'm leaving Monday :lol:

LOL don't wake up married to a stranger and missing some teeth. :lol:

Prometheus :( :( :(

I'm having a hard time understanding the expectations of this movie.First, it opened to over $50M! That alone was - IMO - unexpected! Say what you want about the actual film, but it was marketed as a horror sci-fi flick. Those are notorious for not doing that well. In fact, few horror movies really break out. Second, everyone is all sad about "Prometheus" only making $5M on Friday and how it's the "worst run ever". What? It's SECOND Friday is larger than the opening days from a Tom Cruise movie and an Adam Sandler movie. I never thought I'd be writing that! I didn't expect either of those movies to have super huge openings, but I anticipated more than $20M for both. Yet, they may make less in their first weekends than "Prometheus" will in its second.So even if it has a big drop, this is hardly the "worst run ever". Edited by doctoru2
  • Like 1

It's SECOND Friday is larger than the opening days from a Tom Cruise movie and an Adam Sandler movie. I never thought I'd be writing that!

The "movie star" era in Hollywood is over. We're now living in the "franchise" era

Total BX nerd it's 9pm in Vegas im settling in for a nap watching ROTK :rofl:Ps how bad can a shotgun marriage be??

You should be well rested for your overnight activities tho, lol

TITLE THEATRES GROSS TOTAL GROSS MADAGASCAR 3: EUROPE'S MOST WANTED 4263 $35,000,000 $120,000,000 ROCK OF AGES 3470 $21,000,000 $21,000,000 PROMETHEUS 3442 $20,000,000 $88,000,000 THAT'S MY BOY 3030 $17,000,000 $17,000,000 SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN 3701 $13,000,000 $122,000,000 MEN IN BLACK 3 3135 $10,000,000 $153,000,000 THE AVENGERS 2582 $8,000,000 $586,000,000 THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL 1184 $2,500,000 $36,500,000 MOONRISE KINGDOM 178 $2,000,000 $6,500,000 WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU'RE EXPECTING 1216 $1,500,000 $39,000,000 THE DICTATOR 1119 $1,250,000 $57,750,000 BATTLESHIP 942 $1,000,000 $62,000,000 http://www.ercboxoffice.com

I don't agree with these estimates. RoA and TMB will have to increase by 40% on Saturday to reach these totals.

Sandler better grab himself a Shrek or he's going to become a (even worse) mirror image of Eddie Murphy. Former SNL/stand up comic, found initial success in film and then began a streak of releasing absolute dreck. Murphy might have more "Norbit"s and "1000 Words" and that movie where the tiny aliens were using an Eddie Murphy spaceship (can't even remember that movie's title). But Sandler is doing his damnedest to catch up in the stinkers department.

Yup. He is slowly walking the plank. If Grown Ups 2 disappoints, watch out!

Haha. It's definitely a shitty hotel. The room is nicer than I expected judging from the outside though. And the pool was good.

Have fun, I been to Vegas twice but I was under 21.Fmpro how long are you in america for?

To be fair, I used to do the same exact thing and I think the forums only still do it because everyone is used to using Mojo as the source (since that's where the forums originate from).When I started working with Boxoffice.com though, it was made "clear", let's say...that those production budgets reported don't tell the entire story.I wish it was more consistent too. But if we're looking at gauging the box office success of a film, I'm not sure how we justify excluding marketing costs personally.

What I wonder, though, is how much kick-back the studio receives to help balance out a budget.If a movie cost $150M to make and another $75M for prints and marketing, the "real" budget is $225M. However, if Coke and Starbucks and McDonalds, etc., is clearly featured in the movie, how much kick-back is given there? And then add tie-ins, such cereals and fast food restaurants, and marketing costs can be reduced. Then add in licensing for toys, clothing, ads, music, or any other item and again, the costs change.So really, seeing only the production budget and box office gross is only telling part of the story. If one insists on adding marketing expenses to the budget, then that should be countered by all tie-ins, in-movie advertisements and additional licensing. My thought is that this ultimately balances out VERY well for the studio (otherwise, why bother?).