Lumos

Do you feel that Deathly Hallows Part 1 underperformed?

43 members have voted

1. 1. Did Part 1 under perform?

• Yes.
    • No. It overperformed!
    • It made just as much as I expected.

Yes, and so did DH2. Virtually every major film from May 2010 to December 2011 underperformed, IMO. It had little to do with how much fans liked them, and everything to do with how weak the market was.

• Like 1

Yes, and so did DH2. Virtually every major film from May 2010 to December 2011 underperformed, IMO. It had little to do with how much fans liked them, and everything to do with how weak the market was.

Yet DH2 earned more than most people on the BOM forums thought it would. Basically its only an underperformer to people who aren't great at predicting box office.
  • Like 1

Yet DH2 earned more than most people on the BOM forums thought it would. Basically its only an underperformer to people who aren't great at predicting box office.

Pretty much, I had it Ajust breaking the OW record and finishing around 360m (one of the more optimistic predictions)

Pretty much, I had it Ajust breaking the OW record and finishing around 360m (one of the more optimistic predictions)

I had it beating the OW record but only had a 350m total, so it went past my prediction.

I think that both part of the deathly hallows underperformedDH1 - 360mDH2 - 445mthats what i had wished happened

I wish that happened! And if Potter was still in its prime, it may have done itGoF adjusts to over 350M now, and SS adjusts to about 450M....it wouldn't have uncharted territory...But the decline in tickets after GoF made that possibility pretty unlikely. I was predicting 330M for DH1 and 400M for DH2 initially. Then when DH1 underperformed I lowered my DH2 prediction to 350M.
  • Like 1