A Marvel Fanboy

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice | September 6, 2024 | RIP Harry Belafonte

I actually rewatched Edward Scissorhands about a month ago. Still a great movie.

I miss the old Burton, nowadays he's just mainly putting his stamp on remakes and adaptations. His Dumbo remake sounds like it could be the dumbest thing ever, eh!!

http://deadline.com/2017/10/beetlejuice-2-new-writer-mike-vukadinovich-warner-bros-tim-burton-1202184970/

EXCLUSIVE: Mike Vukadinovich will rewrite Beetlejuice 2 at Warner Brothers, a project that has been long gestating as a re-pairing of Tim Burton and Michael Keaton. No deals are anywhere done with Burton or Keaton but Deadline hears that the two — who are currently working on Dumbo at Disney — have been excited at the thought of collaborating on a sequel. Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg of KatzSmith Productions would  produce this one.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:31 AM, Fancyarcher said:

I actually rewatched Edward Scissorhands about a month ago. Still a great movie.

I miss the old Burton, nowadays he's just mainly putting his stamp on remakes and adaptations. His Dumbo remake sounds like it could be the dumbest thing ever, eh!!

The guy who gave us "Ed Wood" and other really good movies has been gone for a long time.

His insistence on forcing charecters with issues with their parents into almost every film he made ("Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" being the worst example of that..the father of Willy Wonka does not exist in the Novel) ruined a lot of his films for me.

1 hour ago, MrGamer said:

I actually read the Beetlejuice comics and watched the cartoon before the movie. In the comics and cartoon, Beetlejuice and Lydia are basically like Rick and Morty going on adventures through the underworld. Needless to say, i was shocked when i first watched the movie.

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2022/10/tim-burtonl-uk-politics-beetlejuice-dumbo-disney-lumiere-festival-1235152608/

At a masterclass on Friday, Burton had suggested that he had no plans to get involved in a reboot of his 1988 cult classic Beetlejuice. Plan B confirmed to Deadline in February that it was developing Beetlejuice 2.

Burton backtracked on this on Saturday after being quizzed for clarification on whether he would be involved or not, saying “nothing is out of the question.”

“I only know if I’m making a film when I’m actually on the set shooting. I try to go back to the root of everything. It springs from a seed and then it grows, rather than out these statements,” he said  “I am working on ideas and things but it’s all very early days. We’ll set how it goes. How’s that for a none answer?”

• Disbelief 1

Jeez, Burton...  It's not "early days" anymore...  A sequel to this has been pondered/developed for literally decades now...   Warner Bros. offered it to Kevin Smith in the late 1990s!  "Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian."  "Must we go tropical?" -- Kevin Smith.  

So if it ain't ready by now...I think it never will be.  And I don't think Keaton will do it without Burton.  And yes, Burton is a shadow of his former self in terms of his movies of recent years...

On 10/23/2022 at 7:44 PM, Macleod said:

Jeez, Burton...  It's not "early days" anymore...  A sequel to this has been pondered/developed for literally decades now...   Warner Bros. offered it to Kevin Smith in the late 1990s!  "Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian."  "Must we go tropical?" -- Kevin Smith.  

So if it ain't ready by now...I think it never will be.  And I don't think Keaton will do it without Burton.  And yes, Burton is a shadow of his former self in terms of his movies of recent years...

I agree Burton's "Dark Whimsey" has become old and tired.

I will beleive this is happening when they roll the cameras on it.

I'm not surprised but at the same slightly disappointed that it appears Jenna Ortega is gonna be typecast for a while cause she has the talent to become a respected actress someday. Oh well, get those checks and also, well...I hope this is at least good.

On 10/23/2022 at 7:44 PM, Macleod said:

As I stated, the Tim Burton of Today is not the Tim Burton of his glory years. The guy who gave us "Ed Wood" is long past.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1