filmscholar

Will there ever be a BILLION DOLLAR R-rated Film??? - JOKER DOES IT!!!!

Reloaded Domestic Adjusted: $369,831,800

So that's Plus about 90 Million so Adjusted, Give or take another 90 Million worldwide Adjusted we are looking at over 900 Million for Reloaded. Pretty good. The only hope is another Matrix honestly or it may take years and inflation.

Edited by filmscholar

The Passion was huge cause of religion and Jesus, two huge things in history and Reloaded was huge cause The Matrix was a timeless Classic and it was one of the most anticipated sequels in movie history. Both movies were like lighting in a bottle. Even with inflation we are going to need a really good movie to hit 1 Billion for R-rated. The problem is studios are to damn scared of "R-rated", look at what happen with "Prometheus", they did everything and anything to make Scott do a PG13 cut for more money. It's crazy that only 10 R-rated films in History made 200 Million or more and only 1 Made 300 or more. It truly is a limited audience.

Edited by filmscholar

Reloaded Domestic Adjusted: $369,831,800

So that's Plus about 90 Million so Adjusted, Give or take another 90 Million worldwide Adjusted we are looking at over 900 Million for Reloaded. Pretty good. The only hope is another Matrix honestly or it may take years and inflation.

With the new markets of Russia and China (and others), it would've blown past $1b.

The Passion was huge cause of religion and Jesus, two huge things in history and Reloaded was huge cause The Matrix was a timeless Classic and it was one of the most anticipated sequels in movie history. Both movies were like lighting in a bottle. Even with inflation we are going to need a really good movie to hit 1 Billion for R-rated. The problem is studios are to damn scared of "R-rated", look at what happen with "Prometheus", they did everything and anything to make Scott do a PG13 cut for more money. It's crazy that only 10 R-rated films in History made 200 Million or more and only 1 Made 300 or more. It truly is a limited audience.

Prometheus 2 could be what Reloaded was for the Matrix.

With the new markets of Russia and China (and others), it would've blown past $1b.

After "Cloud Atlas" The Wachowski's need to get on Matrix 4 (3D). Have Keanu, Lawrence and Pinkett come back. No love story, mostly action pack adventure to find Neo. Have Neo be gone for the 1st 40 minutes of the film, then they find him and all hell breaks lose in the Matrix and add some new youthful cast members, have the movie be MOSTLY in the Matrix not the real world and just off Worldwide we could have our 1st R-rated Billion Film.

Titanic probably should have been rated R, and if it was, I think it still could have made over 1B.

I'm glad it wasn't, because if it was it would've been over the exposed boob which is utterly ridiculous. Edited by tribefan695

Prometheus 2 could be what Reloaded was for the Matrix.

I don't know, The Matrix was hitting every demographic. Kids were sneaking into Reloaded to see it. It was the last Pop Culture R-rated film we had as far as Blockbuster domestic and worldwide. Look at my Top 10 List, everything is mostly 500 and under. Only Reloaded and Passion got close to a Billion. Passion was a drama, and The Hangover isn't that big worldwide like most American Comedies. I think "Prometheus 2" has a strong chance to increase over the 1st one but I don't see 1 Billion for it. Right now it's Matrix 4 in 3D or bust.

ElysiumFury RoadNoahAll You Need Is KillPrometheus 2Jupiter AscendingGods and KingsBattle AngelWe don't know these rating, but can assume P2 will be rated R. IMO not all of these could hit 1B WW, but can't rule them out.

I'm glad it wasn't, because if it was it would've been over the exposed boob which is utterly ridiculous.

King's speech was rated R for swearing, and it was barely any swearing at all. More utterly ridiculous than Titanic getting a R over a boob.