I Am Number Four

6 members have voted

1. 1. Rate I Am Number Four

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I actually watch the movie version before i knew there was a book version , and it was actually the movie version that hook me up to "I am Number Four" .... i did bought the book version and read it , but personally i prefer the movie version due to the mesmerising story line couple with that soothing background music that totally brought me into a story about ordinary life in a small town met with Alien invasion .....

I credit this mostly to Diana D' Agron who portray a stunning Sarah Hart who was a former cheer leader but realise she should find some soul searching about doing something truthful than continue her life as the football star girl friend ....... In doing so, D' Agron successfully portray a lonely figure who deal with the back stabbing and betrayal of her former friends with such a solitary charm..... It fully depict the title of her "story project"  Strangers in Paradise  ,  basically everyone is a stranger now with their own motive and hidden agenda....... only with the movie's interpretation of Sarah Hart that i found this character adorable , which is something i won't able to do solely by reading the book version..

and then there is John Smith , his character suit him well in the story and match him perfectly with Sarah, John is ultimately the stranger in the town with his secret , the acting was so calm and soothing without exaggerated acting ..his facial emotion was just so suiting for a likable hero, and he didn't carry that weird smirk of Clark Kent in smallville ...

The character interaction and chemistry  between John and Sarah is the soul of the movie , without the prejudice of the original book, this can be a stand alone wonderful movie about how a small town girl with talent manage to redeem herself by meeting the right person .... the scene where John save Sarah from the fall is actually much touching than the book version , the way how Sarah allow herself to be lead away from the scene by John is so charming and mesmerising..... I am number four is certainly a much better version of the boring smallville 

as for the rest of the characters, they are all doing a good job in setting the role of supporting characters ... of course number six will play a leading role from Book 2 onward, but  I am number four had successfully set the tone for her character as her charming female anti-heroine ......

After reading what happen in Book six.  I miss the movie version of I am Number Four even more.... especially the truthful Sarah Hart will forever reside in my memory