Jack Nevada

Best director 2012

You want to see something interesting? Sasha Stone has Bigelow and Lee Russell and Speilberg like me, but has Affleck. The person who is missing is HOOPER.

Best Director signs also point to Lincoln. Although it’s still too early to see where the affection will go — if David O. Russell or Kathryn Bigelow or Ben Affleck start to win Best Director honors among the critics there may be no stopping them. A wave of enthusiasm for any of them will significantly alter the tone of the Best Director race. Right now, I see Spielberg winning the DGA and going on to win his third Best Director Oscar. Because Spielberg is Spielberg, I don’t see anyone objecting. I think the DGA five will be: Steven Spielberg, Ben Affleck, David O. Russell, Ang Lee and Kathryn Bigelow. I think Oscar will match. I reserve the right to change my mind later.

http://www.awardsdaily.com/blog/2012/11/20/the-state-of-the-race-defining-an-oscar-frontrunner/ Edited by JackO

You want to see something interesting? Sasha Stone has Bigelow and Lee Russell and Speilberg like me, but has Affleck. The person who is missing is HOOPER.

http://www.awardsdai...ar-frontrunner/

Crone will always have Biggie over someone else. It`s Crone. She can`t move Spileberg and Affleck cause they are locked and loaded, Russell is looking strong and either Li or hanneke will get the foreign spot. So she went with her fave although I suspect that Argo will cancel ZDT out except in Best Actress.

I thought very long and hard and can't take out Hooper yet, not until hear reactions at least.

lol well i took him out for a night and he comes back and makes things back to normal again. O. RussellSpielbergHooperLeeBigelow

There is a video of directors' roundtable on THR's website with Van Sant, Ang Lee, Russell, Tarantino, Hooper and Affleck. I don't have the time to watch it right now but it should be interesting.

I just started watching it and I already love it. Mainly because Tarantino just said about being a director that you can't be a boss that has a temper tantrum and still be respected.... the look on David O. Rusell's face! :lol:

Yeah, these are my rankings right now. I think SLP is more worthy of a directing nom by getting those performances out of the actors and setting that great pace. Pi would normally getting in, but it's too tough this year IMO. If they were totally my rankings, PTA would be number 1 by a mile.