1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Bad was having to watch this guy for god knows how long:

Posted Image

Possibly the lamest and stupidest villain I've ever seen. Surely there had to be better villains in the Batman comics than this piece of crap?

You say To-MAY-toe, I say To-MAH-toe, you say bad, i say bizzare.

Its just such a quirky performance I can't help but love it.

• Like 1

You say To-MAY-toe, I say To-MAH-toe, you say bad, i say bizzare.Its just such a quirky performance I can't help but love it.

Saying this is bad would be being polite :)

What's next? The only thing that would have been worse than this is if a villian was part bunny and had a bunny army rather than penguins...

Hell, why not throw in butterflies.

• Like 1

Saying this is bad would be being polite :)

What's next? The only thing that would have been worse than this is if a villian was part bunny and had a bunny army rather than penguins...

Hell, why not throw in butterflies.

Well if he was a bunny rather than a penguin, that would explain his receding....hare....line.

Boom! 

• Like 2

Yes, even though I liked the movie (despite my posts here), the Penguin was a real low. It was an interesting idea, but it just doesn't work. Weak humor, hammy acting, crude/ugly/off-putting prosthetics & makeup, and a weird, random way to die.

I don't really have a problem with DeVito's hamminess, since everyone else was over-acting too, but I actually like the original concept of the Penguin as this debonair kingpin. They could've combined him with Walken's Shrek and probably gotten a lot closer to that version of the character, plus reducing the number of villains (by one), giving everyone more screen time. Win win.

• Like 1

I noticed so many lame and silly things in the movie, right down to the Penguins minions doing cart wheels when they "walk".  And why do they do that?  Because they are former circus workers.  And of course as we know, former circus workers all do cartwheels when they walk.

Another thing you have is Peewee Herman as Penguins dad and he throws him into the sewer as a baby and he is rescued by penguins....in the SEWER.  Yes, penguins in the sewer.  WTF.

The Penguin in the comics is supposed to be a rogue mobster or something, never was he raised by penguins as far as I know.

Batman also doesn't appear in the movie very much until the end.  

Then Penguin kidnaps a mayor's baby, comes up out of the sewer, says he rescues the baby and now everyone loooooves the Penguin.  A stranger from a sewer wins over every single stupid person in Gotham.  And Penguin runs for mayor?  Come on.

The bad guys even get the blue print for the Batmobile.  Cause, you know, that's easy to come by.  It must have been in the local Gotham library.

• Like 2

I noticed so many lame and silly things in the movie, right down to the Penguins minions doing cart wheels when they "walk".  And why do they do that?  Because they are former circus workers.  And of course as we know, former circus workers all do cartwheels when they walk.

Another thing you have is Peewee Herman as Penguins dad and he throws him into the sewer as a baby and he is rescued by penguins....in the SEWER.  Yes, penguins in the sewer.  WTF.

The Penguin in the comics is supposed to be a rogue mobster or something, never was he raised by penguins as far as I know.

Batman also doesn't appear in the movie very much until the end.  

Then Penguin kidnaps a mayor's baby, comes up out of the sewer, says he rescues the baby and now everyone loooooves the Penguin.  A stranger from a sewer wins over every single stupid person in Gotham.  And Penguin runs for mayor?  Come on.

The bad guys even get the blue print for the Batmobile.  Cause, you know, that's easy to come by.  It must have been in the local Gotham library.

:worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:

Like 10 thousand lol. All of what you mentioned is why I didn't like the movie at all, and then there are more reasons. It goes back to my point, where I'm sure there are numerous villians in the batman comics that would have been more interesting than the penguin dude/whatever he is. It was probably the most lame villian I've ever seen.

• Like 3

The most rewatchable adaptation of any iconic superhero for me. Just love the hell out of this flick. And, yeah, I know, it's flawed as hell. I really like Waters screenplay, the swooping camera, the freak v. freak v. freak, etc... It's such a celebration of the grotesque. Totally understand why it's not widely loved though.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 5