CJohn

Ted OS thread

Then there must be 3 dubs; I saw it twice - once undubbed, and once dubbed, and the dub was your run-of-the-mill german "we're proud of our easy-to-understand articulation"-dub. In german dubs, even RDJ is easy to understand, and the whole "Bane's voice"-controversy would be unthinkable.btw there was an Austrian dub for "Babe" with different Austrian dialects for the different animals. Highly successful!

‘Ted’ To Pass ‘The Hangover’ Internationally

Seth MacFarlane’s R-rated comedy Ted starring Mark Wahlberg from Medisa Rights Capital by Monday will pass that other R-rated blockbuster The Hangover’s international lifetime total of $190+M. Filmmakers redubbed the pic not only by country but also by region which helped solve the problem that American comedy doesn’t always translate overseas. Combined with the domestic estimate, Ted will reach $400+M worldwide box office on Sunday. It would have to amass another $60M to beat Warner Bros’ The Hangover worldwide. Goes to show that raunchy teddy bears, just like raunchy bachelor parties, are universally funny.

It should pass Hangover eventually OS, just amazing!That articles makes it sound like it will be this weekend though.

Not sure why they write articles like that. Last weekend there was a headline "Bourne surges toward 100m OS"It still hasn't made $100m yet. Got me all excited for nothing. Edited by ECSTASY

It should pass Hangover eventually OS, just amazing!

That articles makes it sound like it will be this weekend though.

It probably win:

by Monday will pass that other R-rated blockbuster The Hangover’s international lifetime total of $190+M

Ted OS was alreay at 177M last weekend.

It should pass Hangover eventually OS, just amazing!That articles makes it sound like it will be this weekend though.

It can pass it this weekend.It was at 178m after last weekend.Weekdays: 3MWeekend (holdovers): 4-5MWeekend (openers): 4-5MSo it will be right at 190M. By Monday, it will pass it.

Ted is just steadily rising every weekend, love it!Hard to place exactly where it will finish though with this mega-staggered OS release.

Current markets are headed for 195M+.Remaining European markets should bring in 40M+.(France, Italy, Netherlands are the major ones left)Remaining Latin Markets should bring in 30M. (Brazil and Mexico are the major one left).Some minor Asian markets are also left. Excluding Japan, I expect around $6-8m from them. From Japan, I don't know what to expect. But it shouldn't be anything huge, Maybe 2-3m.So overall, I expect 275M+ finish. 280M is certainly possible. With 220M domestic, that is exactly 500M WW. Edited by Fake

Current markets are headed for 195M+.Remaining European markets should bring in 40M+.(France, Italy, Netherlands are the major ones left)Remaining Latin Markets should bring in 30M. (Brazil and Mexico are the major one left).Some minor Asian markets are also left. Excluding Japan, I expect around $6-8m from them. From Japan, I don't know what to expect. But it shouldn't be anything huge, Maybe 2-3m.So overall, I expect 275M+ finish. 280M is certainly possible. With 220M domestic, that is exactly 500M WW.

and that is the worst case IMO. If breakouts in France and Italy like in Germany then... Edited by bofan

and that is the worst case IMO. If breakouts in France and Italy like in Germany then...

Maybe, but Germany is the biggest continental European market for comedies. For example, for Hangover 2, Germany made almost as much as France+Italy+Netherlands combined (45M v. 42M).

So it will be right at 190M. By Monday, it will pass it.

Forgot there were new markets this week. So yes, it should be over $190M OS by Monday. :)

So overall, I expect 275M+ finish. 280M is certainly possible. With 220M domestic, that is exactly 500M WW.

That would be incredible if it hit $500M WW.Let's hope it continues to break out in all the future opening markets.