Noctis

The Dark Knight VS The Avengers

108 members have voted

1. 1. The Dark Knight VS The Avengers

Really, Ledger won that Oscar moreso in honoring his career for what little it was in such a short life more than just playing the JOKER.. A Post-Humous Oscar and it was a given..

Making more shit up again.

• Like 4

If anyone would have won that year for best supporting over Heath, they would have gotten on stage, thanked the academy and then refused the oscar because Heath's performance was that iconic.  His interpretation of the Joker is mind blowing.  

• Like 8

If anyone would have won that year for best supporting over Heath, they would have gotten on stage, thanked the academy and then refused the oscar because Heath's performance was that iconic.  His interpretation of the Joker is mind blowing.  

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight's entertainment! I only have one question. Where is my Oscar?

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 2

Rachel Dawes is played by two unlikeable actresses while Coulson is played by a likeable actor. It's not surprising at all that Coulson's death meant more to you (or anyone else for that matter). Personally I was glad to see that whiny bitch die in TDK.

I was a hell of a lot more invested in Rachel's well being than the reject from "Old Christine"

The car chase in Batman Begins, in particular, had me white knuckling it and causing my lungs to ache with the need to release a sigh of relief the entire time.  Not bad considering I've never really been a fan of Holmes' other characters.

• Like 1

Why did you just bump this thread? Lol. Anyways I was more invest in Coulson simply because he was likeable and he was basically the down to earth nice guy who got them all together however Rachels death in TDK took me completely by surprise, I was not expecting that.

Edited by jessie

I didn't give a shit about Coulson.Rachel's death really took me by surprise, though.

Fair enough. I didn't really care about either, but Maggie gillanhall (im not going to look up how to spell it) just annoyed me for some reason.
  • Like 1

Rachael's death is one of the biggest reasons for TDK success in my mind. It's low key but it is. Fuck with every marvel movie I get more and more annoyed by everyone dying and coming back to life. It's a problem with all blockbusters today now actually.TDK raised the stakes I was fucking floored in TDK when they killed her, I had never and still haven't seen a comic book movie kill the lead girl. Nolan is the only one who had the balls. The stakes feel so much higher when bad shit can actually happen to people.

• Like 3

Rachael's death is one of the biggest reasons for TDK success in my mind. It's low key but it is. Fuck with every marvel movie I get more and more annoyed by everyone dying and coming back to life. It's a problem with all blockbusters today now actually.TDK raised the stakes I was fucking floored in TDK when they killed her, I had never and still haven't seen a comic book movie kill the lead girl. Nolan is the only one who had the balls. The stakes feel so much higher when bad shit can actually happen to people.

I felt nothing special when Rachel's death occured. It was just matter of fact. "Okay...Next...". Because I wasn't emotionally invested in the first place. It was a plot point on the sheet (2nd act cliffhanger cleared. Now let's move on the 3rd act introducing Two-Face, climax and final face-offs).

We're supposed to be sad and feel the whole world crumbling under our feet like Bruce but there were no valuable set-ups for that supposed emotionally devastating pay-off. I mean I won't cry just because Bruce is all sappy on screen if nothing before made me care and invested into that relationship. I felt that tragic moment wasn't earned on an emotional stand-point but was a turning point plot beat to hit at that moment in the script theoretically wise.

I mean when you swap actresses between movies (from annoying dull to borderline grating cold distant's acting) so the empathy and eventual attachment that might arise is hard to keep over. Plus their relationship felt more like distant camaraderie between estranged childhood friends than a warm and lovable relationship between potential or once lovers. It didn't help that Gyllenhaal plays it like a cold iceberg reminiscent of an annoying lecturing college graduate trying hard to be an hard-ass tough cookie. Never it felt like "love interest", it was supposed to be sentimental on paper but it didn't come across well on screen as it was clear that Rachel had move on and Bruce was more of a rejected lover clinging on her like a needy child. They didn't have any special chemistry whatsoever to believe that her death could shatter hearts.

She was a plot device moved around (first "love interest" alive then main catalyst of the hero's motivation when dead, not a fleshy character). The pretext and tool used by Nolan (and The Joker) that makes Wayne's character and Dent's character confronting and getting mad to fall into their darkest side. Wayne as Batman and Dent as Two-face.

That's significant when one can think "good riddance" when she ate it instead of "Poor Bruce, Rachel's death is so sad and tragically sudden".

So neither deaths were gut-wrenching but one tries really hard to make it seems so.

Edited by dashrendar44

I felt nothing special when Rachel's death occured. It was just matter of fact. "Okay...Next...". Because I wasn't emotionally invested in the first place. It was a plot point on the sheet (2nd act cliffhanger cleared. Now let's move on the 3rd act introducing Two-Face, climax and final face-offs).

We're supposed to be sad and feel the whole world crumbling under our feet like Bruce but there were no valuable set-ups for that supposed emotionally devastating pay-off. I mean I won't cry just because Bruce is all sappy on screen if nothing before made me care and invested into that relationship. I felt that tragic moment wasn't earned on an emotional stand-point but was a turning point plot beat to hit at that moment in the script theoretically wise.

I mean when you swap actresses between movies (from annoying dull to borderline grating cold distant's acting) so the empathy and eventual attachment that might arise is hard to keep over. Plus their relationship felt more like distant camaraderie between estranged childhood friends than a warm and lovable relationship between potential or once lovers. It didn't help that Gyllenhaal plays it like a cold iceberg reminiscent of an annoying lecturing college graduate trying hard to be an hard-ass tough cookie. Never it felt like "love interest", it was supposed to be sentimental on paper but it didn't come across well on screen as it was clear that Rachel had move on and Bruce was more of a rejected lover clinging on her like a needy child. They didn't have any special chemistry whatsoever to believe that her death could shatter hearts.

She was a plot device moved around (first "love interest" alive then main catalyst of the hero's motivation when dead, not a fleshy character). The pretext and tool used by Nolan (and The Joker) that makes Wayne's character and Dent's character confronting and getting mad to fall into their darkest side. Wayne as Batman and Dent as Two-face.

That's significant when one can think "good riddance" when she ate it instead of "Poor Bruce, Rachel's death is so sad and tragically sudden".

So neither deaths were gut-wrenching but one tries really hard to make it seems so.

Idk I was fucking in it, I mean literally in my mind the whole movie builds to her death/the letter being read. In that moment the joker "won" if you will. Then the 3rd act happens which is actually not great followed by an A+ final 4 minutes though. 

• Like 1