mmacader

Monday's top movies: 1. BRAVE - $9M ($75M), 2. MADAGASCAR 3 - $3M ($160M), 3. ABE LINCOLN - $2M ($18

I am not a TA hater. I thought the movie was awesome. But it's domestic totals like this and TDK's that discredit the beauty of a run like Titanic's. It's a little upsetting. More so for TA because it passed Titanic's original run.Had it not been for the Titanic re-release, I'd have to read stupid articles that say stuff like The Avengers is the second most successful film in history, domestically, outperforming the now, 3rd place, Titanic. Which is crap because Titanic is the best run of all time. I'll take Avatar eclipsing it because that movie's run was magical too, but TDK and TA, not so much.Anyway, I'm shutting up now and letting us go back to talking about Pixar kicking ass.

• Like 2

Nope, Summer weekdays are in full effect. Monday drop's very similar to Wall-e and it should easily hit 250M now.

Yes but WALL-E was released the weekend before July 4th so it was practically a holiday week. That is a dumbfounding number. Awesome.

I am not a TA hater. I thought the movie was awesome. But it's domestic totals like this and TDK's that discredit the beauty of a run like Titanic's. It's a little upsetting. More so for TA because it passed Titanic's original run.Had it not been for the Titanic re-release, I'd have to read stupid articles that say stuff like The Avengers is the second most successful film in history, domestically, outperforming the now, 3rd place, Titanic. Which is crap because Titanic is the best run of all time. I'll take Avatar eclipsing it because that movie's run was magical too, but TDK and TA, not so much.Anyway, I'm shutting up now and letting us go back to talking about Pixar kicking ass.

Best run of all time? No. But it was a hell of a run. Over a hundred consecutive $1m+ days! I hate Titanic with a passion, but I do appreciate its sexy legs.

Best run of all time? No. But it was a hell of a run. Over a hundred consecutive $1m+ days! I hate Titanic with a passion, but I do appreciate its sexy legs.

Let's not start a Titanic best of all time war here.... BUT.... it is. ;)Box office wise of course.Quality wise, the movie isn't even in my top 100 I'd say.
  • Like 1

I feel exactly the same way. And the same can't be said for Titanic beating stuff like Star Wars and GWTW because it really almost did.

Oh shit no. Take the money from Chimpanzee's 50,000 weekend or something. Don't touch Brave. :angry:

Why not? That is the cycle.John Carter was boosted by AvengersAvengers was boosted by BraveBrave will be boosted by the next Disney release.So on and so on.

No one with half a brain thinks TA is having a better run than frickin' Titanic. Still, box office runs like TA don't come along too often... you should enjoy it.

Why not? That is the cycle.John Carter was boosted by AvengersAvengers was boosted by BraveBrave will be boosted by the next Disney release.So on and so on.

How long until the next Disney movie.

How long until the next Disney movie.

Next week, People Like Us. Then it's The Odd Life of Timothy Green, which they probably want to be the next The Help (which it won't of course). Edited by lab276

Hey this might seem like a really stupid question to most on this forum, but why did Brave decrease on its OW Saturday, yet Up increased pretty nicely.Why was Brave more frontloaded? Time of release I assume?

Late June release compared to late May. More kids out of school now.

Next week, People Like Us. Then it's The Odd Life of Timothy Green, which they probably want to be the next The Help (which it won't of course).

Isn't that in very small theaters? 2,000 isn't going to help out Brave.

The suspense is going to kill me until the actuals come out this afternoon. Will TA be over $1M or not? I'm pretty sure it will be today because of the discount effect... so yesterday is key!

Let's not start a Titanic best of all time war here.... BUT.... it is. ;)Box office wise of course.Quality wise, the movie isn't even in my top 100 I'd say.

It's one of the best, not THE best run of all time. I totally agree with you on it not being a top 100 movie, though.