Olive

Official France Box Office Thread

Only 250k? I wad expecting 500k....Ted needs a good performance in France to reach 500m WW.

The OW won't be important, given the very good WOM it will have impressive holds, don't worry, we saw the same trend in Brazil, Argentina and Netherlands

Okay.... but a $2m opening will still be too low.... and a $20m finish won't be possible, however good the legs are.

I never expected $20m, it's too high given the release of the French blockbuster of the year next week : Astérix et Obélix : Au Service de Sa Majesté :

Posted Image

$15m is the best gross I expect, this score would be similar to Ted gross in Russia.

BEWARE!!! This week a heavyweight of French movie industry will be released : Astérix et Obélix Au Service de Sa Majesté.You can expect big numbers, it should be Number One 2012

It is also released here. The last one was a massive hit grossing 140M OS. With 3D, this may pass the 160M!

Apparently Astérix 4, the biggest French movie of the year and released today, had bad numbers in the first half of the day.Not surprising, no enthusiasm for the movie because Astérix 3 was so bad.

Wasn't Astérix 3 the one of the Olympic Games? I thought it was quite cool :lol: But I am not really interested in seeing this one.

Wasn't Astérix 3 the one of the Olympic Games? I thought it was quite cool :lol: But I am not really interested in seeing this one.

Yes, it was, but in France it was hated because Astérix et Obélix Mission Cleopatre (Astérix 2) crushed this one about its quality.Astérix 2 : 14m admissionsAstérix 3 : 6.6m admissionsAnd Astérix 4 could have less admissions than Astérix 3, can you see the fall? Astérix in France it's like Batman in the US, a very powerful cultural symbol.