Olive

Official France Box Office Thread

4 minutes ago, LPLC said:

sounds great, they sound even more enthusiastic than the us press/critics

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

Don't expect a huge first day and a huge WE for A2 in France, everybody will watch the World Cup and the football match against Morocco (Like many other people, I myself had taken my ticket but I will not go to watch the match)

4 minutes ago, LPLC said:

Don't expect a huge first day and a huge WE for A2 in France, everybody will watch the World Cup and the football match against Morocco (Like many other people, I myself had taken my ticket but I will not go to watch the match)

don't worry,the world cup is not playing the whole day

WEEKEND FIGURES

R Film Distributeur Entrées Séances Moy Cumul S
1 LE CHAT POTTÉ 2 : LA DERNIÈRE QUÊTE UNIVERSAL 320 882 11 791 27 451 341 1
2 BLACK PANTHER : WAKANDA FOREVER DISNEY 121 228 8 328 15 3 172 994 5
3 MAESTRO(S) APOLLO/ ORANGE STUDIO 78 495 8 319 9 87 342 1
4 LE ROYAUME DES ÉTOILES KMBO 78 242 3317 24 125 851 1
5 LE TORRENT SND 62 497 7 856 8 216 417 2
6 SIMONE, LE VOYAGE DU SIÈCLE WARNER 58 817 3 613 16 2 210 042 9
7 ENZO LE CROCO SONY 50 648 5 387 9 183 079 2
8 LES BONNES ÉTOILES METROPOLITAN 50 564 2 857 18 51 673 1
9 VIOLENT NIGHT UNIVERSAL 46 306 4 663 10 134 839 2
10 RESTE UN PEU STUDIOCANAL 38 351 3 719 10 385 625 4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

tuesday previews a thing in france? if so when will we get first audience reactions?

Yes previews today in Le Grand Rex (biggest cinema in the world). First reactions in few minutes/hours

1 hour ago, LPLC said:

Yes previews today in Le Grand Rex (biggest cinema in the world). First reactions in few minutes/hours

will allocine enable audience reviews today?

37 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

will allocine enable audience reviews today?

Yes great first reactions in France 4,2/5 from press and 4,4/5 from spectators

For example, Avatar got 4,3 from press and 4,3 from spectators

Great sign for legs

6 minutes ago, LPLC said:

Yes great first reactions in France 4,2/5 from press and 4,4/5 from spectators

For example, Avatar got 4,3 from press and 4,3 from spectators

Great sign for legs

we sure those are "real"

seems like some of those reviews are from 2010

19 minutes ago, LPLC said:

What wouldn't be "real" ?

there are some written reviews in there which presumably are included (5/5 and 0/5s mostly) in the 4.4 average which are all dated from before the movie was even in production, could hint that the 4.4 were seeing might also be from before the movie came out

dont know how allocine works so im asking

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

45 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

there are some written reviews in there which presumably are included (5/5 and 0/5s mostly) in the 4.4 average which are all dated from before the movie was even in production, could hint that the 4.4 were seeing might also be from before the movie came out

dont know how allocine works so im asking

I don't know I think the reviews made before today are not taken into account because I watched yesterday and it was not yet possible to rate the film or to see what rating it had

Good score today in France but far from great, less than the first Avatar, half less than NWH and less than a third of AEG. I know there is World Cup but I would expect much more because french people love Avatar and the re-release in September was great in France.

I hope for great legs and for 10M admissions but I've seen lots of reviews saying that this new avatar is certainly beautiful visually but the story is like the 1 very simplistic (even that it's almost the same story as the first). In addition to the script and the story, I also saw people talking about the music that doesn't make an impression and the length of the film that puts people to sleep.

These are not my words I haven't seen it yet and I hope I won't be bored but after what I read I tell myself more and more that this Avatar will not be a huge hit in the box office as it should be. Let's hope for at least 8 million admissions (which would be almost half as much as the first one)

• Like 1

Maybe it will underperform but Fri and Sat will be more indicative. A day when like 25%+ of your adult population is watching their national team playing a WC semi at 19:00 (basicaly messing with both early afternoon and night screenings) is bound to be messed up. 

Edited by Gkalaitza
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LPLC said:

Good score today in France but far from great, less than the first Avatar, half less than NWH and less than a third of AEG. I know there is World Cup but I would expect much more because french people love Avatar and the re-release in September was great in France.

I hope for great legs and for 10M admissions but I've seen lots of reviews saying that this new avatar is certainly beautiful visually but the story is like the 1 very simplistic (even that it's almost the same story as the first). In addition to the script and the story, I also saw people talking about the music that doesn't make an impression and the length of the film that puts people to sleep.

These are not my words I haven't seen it yet and I hope I won't be bored but after what I read I tell myself more and more that this Avatar will not be a huge hit in the box office as it should be. Let's hope for at least 8 million admissions (which would be almost half as much as the first one)

Avatar 1: simple boring story + amazing visual => >10M admits.

Avatar 2: simple boring story + even more amazing visual => 10M admits,no???

58 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

Avatar 1: simple boring story + amazing visual => >10M admits.

Avatar 2: simple boring story + even more amazing visual => 10M admits,no???

Avatar was an event (the first big 3D movie), Avatar 2 is also an event but much less and I think people don't want to see the same movie again, especially if the first one is better. Some people here in France watched the movie (not me) and think it will have mixed reviews and a lot of people will not like it so the WOM will be maybe less important. Also, society has changed now we are more used to series or short film formats and even that is being eclipsed by tiktok ... It's sad to say but that's how the world is no longer like 15 years ago

Edited by LPLC

3 minutes ago, LPLC said:

Avatar was an event (the first big 3D movie), Avatar 2 is also an event but much less and I think people don't want to see the same movie again, especially if the first one is better. Also, society has changed now we are more used to series or short film formats and even that is being eclipsed by tiktok ... It's sad to say but that's how the world is no longer like 15 years ago

How can the 1st one is better if they both have the same boring story but the 2nd one has better visual than the already outstanding visual of the 1st one

4 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

How can the 1st one is better if they both have the same boring story but the 2nd one has better visual than the already outstanding visual of the 1st one

Because when you watch something you don't necessarily want to see it again and pay €20 for it. And when you look a second time at something you've already seen, it's sometimes less good

Edited by LPLC
  • Like 1