Olive

Official France Box Office Thread

4 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

How can the 1st one is better if they both have the same boring story but the 2nd one has better visual than the already outstanding visual of the 1st one

Is like Iphone 14 is better than Iphone 4,but Iphone 4 was more shocked at that time

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Danhjpn said:

Avatar 1: simple boring story + amazing visual => >10M admits.

Avatar 2: simple boring story + even more amazing visual => 10M admits,no???

If it was Avatar 2 came out in 2011, maybe.

Today it's probably 30-40% fewer admits. 

Only 230k admissions in France (NWH had more than doubled with 479k admits. Apparently according to some sources Disney France would be very disappointed with this figure given the enormous costs and marketing.

Yesterday I was talking to you about 8M but apparently now Disney is hoping for even less and is aiming for 7 million admissions (it would be barely better than TGM and worse than NWH). If even Disney isn't positive it doesn't smell good ...

15 minutes ago, LPLC said:

Only 230k admissions in France (NWH had more than doubled with 479k admits. Apparently according to some sources Disney France would be very disappointed with this figure given the enormous costs and marketing.

Yesterday I was talking to you about 8M but apparently now Disney is hoping for even less and is aiming for 7 million admissions (it would be barely better than TGM and worse than NWH). If even Disney isn't positive it doesn't smell good ...

Just to had some context : yesterday was France's Semi-Final in the World Cup.

20,6 millions viewers (probably closer to 22 millions when including the private cable channel also broadcasting it).

Biggest number since 2006. One of the top 5 most-watched program of all time in France. It oc had a HUGE impact.

And with 7 millions + inflation + rise of premium cinema I think it is at least doing 75% of OG number. It's really good in France I think.

5 minutes ago, Bastien said:

And with 7 millions + inflation + rise of premium cinema I think it is at least doing 75% of OG number. It's really good in France I think.

First one made €125-130M (not sure the exact number but it's $181M USD) so you're expecting €95-100M?

8 minutes ago, Bastien said:

Just to had some context : yesterday was France's Semi-Final in the World Cup.

20,6 millions viewers (probably closer to 22 millions when including the private cable channel also broadcasting it).

Biggest number since 2006. One of the top 5 most-watched program of all time in France. It oc had a HUGE impact.

Yes, everyone knows that and I think it was taken into account by Disney France and they were just hoping for more. I would never say 7M is bad but hey it's still less than half of the first one so a bit disappointing imo

• Like 1

From Deadline

"Elsewhere, The Way of Water was tops in its afternoon showings in France today, notching 79,000 admissions from 1,210 screens for $728K."

So maybe $9,21 ATP ? I'm not sure about that

7M admissions = $65M ?

Edited by LPLC
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, LPLC said:

From Deadline

"Elsewhere, The Way of Water was tops in its afternoon showings in France today, notching 79,000 admissions from 1,210 screens for $728K."

So maybe $9,21 ATP ? I'm not sure about that

7M admissions = $65M ?

Though those were afternoon sessions so maybe a little more, I guess

• Like 1