Olive

Official France Box Office Thread

3 hours ago, LPLC said:

Avatar 2 almost didn't drop from Wednesday to Thursday, that's a good sign for good legs

it doesn't really mean anything yet other than what was said: french peeps aint going to theaters when they're PLAYING WORLD CUP SEMIS.

Just don't overreact when sunday sucks as well.

Edited by JustLurking

9 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

it doesn't really mean anything yet other than what was said: french peeps aint going to theaters when they're PLAYING WORLD CUP SEMIS.

Just don't overreact when sunday sucks as well.

The holidays start on Monday, so anyway people will not be in a hurry now to go see it, I expect great legs during the holidays because there is nothing in front maybe puss in boots for the children but no french film or anything else

EDIT : btw the most expensive film ever made in France ($72.4M) will be released on February 1, 2023, it's called Asterix & Obelix : The Middle Kingdom and there are youtubers, comedians, singers and even zlatan ibrahimovic in the film (yes I know I too wonder what he is doing there). That said the first reactions on the casting and on the film are not very good and I expect one of the biggest flop of French cinema especially given the budget.

Edited by LPLC

42 minutes ago, LPLC said:

EDIT : btw the most expensive film ever made in France ($72.4M) will be released on February 1, 2023, it's called Asterix & Obelix : The Middle Kingdom and there are youtubers, comedians, singers and even zlatan ibrahimovic in the film (yes I know I too wonder what he is doing there). That said the first reactions on the casting and on the film are not very good and I expect one of the biggest flop of French cinema especially given the budget.

the trailer was horrendous

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LPLC said:

I WANT TO DIE.

was kinda obvious who was going to win when mbappes magical dribble at the end did not result in a goal, that way I could start my seething and coping a few minutes before everyone else

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

was kinda obvious who was going to win when mbappes magical dribble at the end did not result in a goal, that way I could start my seething and coping a few minutes before everyone else

It was one if not the best World Cup final in history (I cried with joy when we came back twice) unfortunately the end result is not for us. I'm happy for Messi who had a great match and a great World Cup (he deserved it) but what a match for Mbappé... hat trick in the World Cup final and 8 goals in the competition. Quite simply the best player in the world today and after this defeat we will come back stronger for euro 2024 and the 2026 world cup

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LPLC said:

It was one if not the best World Cup final in history (I cried with joy when we came back twice) unfortunately the end result is not for us. I'm happy for Messi who had a great match and a great World Cup (he deserved it) but what a match for Mbappé... hat trick in the World Cup final and 8 goals in the competition. Quite simply the best player in the world today and after this defeat we will come back stronger for euro 2024 and the 2026 world cup

don't worry, your guys already tried your best to do everything,It's one of the greatest game I've ever seen ,two football giant battle each other and show the entire world great game,that's really amazing!Losing is always full of life,you try your best,and that's enough,and another thing,Mbappe is the great soccer player,He deserve all respect for every football fans

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

don't worry, your guys already tried your best to do everything,It's one of the greatest game I've ever seen ,two football giant battle each other and show the entire world great game,that's really amazing!Losing is always full of life,you try your best,and that's enough,and another thing,Mbappe is the great soccer player,He deserve all respect for every football fans

the french were pathetic during most of the match though

1 hour ago, simoimo19 said:

24.1 M watched the WC finale on TF1 yesterday , best number of all time for the channel .

Let's see how impacted sunday is gonna be.

And during the extra-time and penalties it even surpassed the 30M, much more than the 2018 final or the 2016's one against Portgual at the Euros

On 12/17/2022 at 4:24 AM, LPLC said:

The holidays start on Monday, so anyway people will not be in a hurry now to go see it, I expect great legs during the holidays because there is nothing in front maybe puss in boots for the children but no french film or anything else

Thr Asterix & Obelix film with Cleopatra is one of the funniest I've seen, this one doesn't even looks half as good...

• Like 1