cheesypoofs

Does anybody else NOT have a blu-ray player?

This is just my opinion, but Blu-Ray is a waste of money, I'm good with my good ole VHS and DVD player.

That's what I used to think, but once I bought the Blu-ray player, I realized I had been foolish. Nothing beats Blu-ray except the cinema.
  • Like 1

I buy all my Blu-rays from Best Buy either from there budget section, when they have massive sales or if it's a new movie the first week out they sell at reduced prices. Just picked up the first 3 Rambo movies for $5 a piece. I especially like the BR/DVD/Digital copy combo packs that pretty much every new release has now. Why not purchase that for $22.99 or in some cases less, when it just a few dollars more than the single DVD or BR version? Buying it that way gives me options when it comes to watching my movies now. BR for my living room and my sons room. DVD for my bedroom and digital copy for our laptop.

Lab, Phil,Buy Blu-rays from the UK. It's the same region and new release is usually half the price. Amazon has free shipping to Australia on orders over GBP25. New release cost about $18-21 and older films can cost less then $10.ROTPOTAJBHiFi- $32.98AmazonUK-$19.58HP DH part2 3DJBHiFi-$39.98AmazonUK-$19.61Divide the price on the site by 1.2 to remove the VAT then times by the current exchange rate(about *1.57)

Edited by DC2010

VHS?! Good lord.If you love movies, watching your favorites in Blu-Ray will make you not want to see them any other way.I don't mind watching streaming Netflix for documentaries or movies that don't have any particular strength visually (many comedies, etc), but really, watching a blockbuster or well-crafted film in 1080p is just stunning. It's not just about the resolution, it's about the bandwidth: Blu-Rays are an order of magnitude higher in terms of the bitrate they deliver to your monitor, which means much less compression. Watching a Blu-Ray and then watching an unconverted DVD makes it feel like your monitor or TV is all smeary and needs to be cleaned.I've bought enough DVDs over the years that I don't feel I have to replace all of them -- but for my favorites, I absolutely re-buy the Blu-Ray versions.

• Like 2

I've bought enough DVDs over the years that I don't feel I have to replace all of them -- but for my favorites, I absolutely re-buy the Blu-Ray versions.Same here. I'm always checking out the budget sections and sales that my local Best Buy and Target have to see what I can get for cheap on BR to replace certain movies in my DVD collection. Obviously, I won't replace them all but there are definitely certain ones I want on BR. Recently I got Rambo 1-3 for $5 a piece at Target and Alien for $14.99.